Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

antibiotics and liver problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

antibiotics and liver problems Empty
PostSubject: antibiotics and liver problems   antibiotics and liver problems EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 2:04 pm

I'm probably thinking way too hard here and its all rather conveluted (sp?) but there is something tha I've noticed recently that is now bothering me. I'll try and make sense of this as briefly as possible but bare with me please!

I have quite a severe intolerance of antibiotics which usually manifests itself in severe nausia (vomiting if I continue) and chest/back pain with a heartburn type feeling. I usually manage 24-48 hours of medication if I'm lucky.

For a few months preceeding my pregnancy I had an absess in my abdomen which was treated every 3 weeks or so with antibiotics. I got these symptoms every time I took them. I got pregnant just 3 months after the absess finally healed.

When I got pre-eclampsia it was the epigastric pain that finally got me treatment via self-admition to a&e. A few months after having Isaac I had my first and only gaulstone attack which caused the same epigastric pain as the HELLP. Since then I have not needed any ab's until now.

I had ab's last week for pneumonia and suffered the usual side effects and thats when I started to realise that the pain was not heartburn as I had previously thought, but epigastric pain. It seems that its my liver that objects so strongly to ab's.

I am now wondering if having so many ab's (around 15-20 courses in 5 months) just before getting pregnant could have had an effect on my chances of getting PE and HELLP so early and severely. Any thoughts or shall I just shut up?!

Lesley xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics and liver problems   antibiotics and liver problems EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 3:02 pm

Hi Lesley

Sorry to hear about the pneumonia - I hope you are now recovered & back to your old self.

Truth be told, I dont know about the level of antibiotics & the prevelance of PE. My initial instinct are that its not related unless you have an underlying renal condition.
But I will check it out with my colleagues though & get back to you.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics and liver problems   antibiotics and liver problems EmptyFri 21 Nov 2008, 1:19 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: antibiotics and liver problems   antibiotics and liver problems Empty

Back to top Go down

antibiotics and liver problems
Page 1 of 1