Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alka
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Thu 19 Feb 2009, 11:56 am

Emma my heart goes out to you and your family. Thinking of you all and little Evan, may his little fight continue.

All our love
Nic and family x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sun 22 Feb 2009, 11:36 am

Hi Emma,

Huge congratulations on the birth of your beautiful Son. Welcome to the world Evan.
I hope your time in NNU will be straighforward & only happy events.
Emma, I wish you all the strength you need to encourage Evan to grow & stay strong. Anytime you need to chat, Im on the phone 0845 241 0989.

Warmest Wishes to you all.
Liz

ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sun 22 Feb 2009, 5:15 pm

Hi Emma

Congratulations on the birth of Evan king I have everything crossed that he will get stronger day by day and everything runs smoothly for him and yourselves

Sending loads of virtual hugs to you please keep us informed

Ingrid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HelenA
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sun 22 Feb 2009, 8:09 pm

Sending you an enormous hug Emma. Congratulations on the birth of Evan, I have everything crossed that he will have a smooth journey through scbu. Thinking off you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emma29
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sun 22 Feb 2009, 11:37 pm

thanks for all the messages i really appreciate it.

well what a rollercoster we are on!, one day evan is stable, the next its all change, they telephoned us on our way to the hospital to say we needed to get there as there had been changes. We get there and it seems the ventalator has caused inflamation and bleeding, evans lungs are so small, the problem is they need to lower the ventalation for them to heal but they cant as he needs the support. friday he was stable again off his bp meds and today hes really jaundice, they had four lamps on him and it didnt seem to be improving, they've given him some meds to try control it, i dont know i cant bear to see him like this. I am frightened to death, they said if it didnt work they would have to try something they never have had to do with babies over 3 days old which involves taking his blood and replacing it all which obviously is very risky. Its heartbreaking we were able to change his nappy and clear his mouth today, and he held our finger really tight, i am so scared we are going to loose him, they are saying hes 27 weeks but more like the size of a 24 week baby.

will post when i am home again, love emmaxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Mon 23 Feb 2009, 12:15 pm

Hi Emma,

I can really understand the emotions of NNU - it is as you say a complete rollercoaster.
The fear of losing your child is as powerful as the want for them to survive - and all your energy seems to flood into willing them on.
Be honest with the nurses on the unit - if you are feeling frightened, try & tell them. They will have the most up to date knowledge of how Evan is - ask to speak with his consultant paediatrician too.
I know you are scared but Evan really is in the safest place - and with his mummy & daddy fighting for him too, he has every chance possible.

Warmest wishes to you all.
Liz

HayleyP80
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Wed 04 Mar 2009, 9:20 pm

Hi Emma,

Congrats on the (early!) arrival of little Evan Very Happy

We spent 10 weeks on the NNU with Emily, I totally understand that feeling of being on a rollercoaster.

Am praying that your little man has a speedy trip through NNU and is home with you soon.

Lots of love
Hayley xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bens_mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Tue 10 Mar 2009, 1:07 pm

Emma,

I hope little Evan is continuing to do good and get stronger each day. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

All the best

Gemma x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Wed 18 Mar 2009, 10:33 am

i hope all is going well. My little girl was born at the same size as your little boy and in Sheffield.
SHe's doing well now. I hope things are going well for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emma29
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sat 02 May 2009, 8:30 pm

hello, just thought i would update while i get a minute, thanks for all the messages.

Evan is now 2ib 8z, we are on a bit of a rollercoaster with him at the moment, hes smiling away while we are stressing everyday!!. Hes having alot of problems with his lungs, he was doing really well with the help of a dose of steriods, but then he gt a bad infection which set him back a bit, he had come off the vent and was on CPAP, but is now back on the vent after having some laser eye surgery. I think they are going to have to give him another dose of steriods to help him come off again. Will let you know how he goes.

lots of love xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicki D
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sun 03 May 2009, 4:15 pm

Thanks for the update Emma, I hope that *you're* getting lots of love and support as well as all the love and support you're giving to Evan.

Sending you lots of love, hugs and prayers and positive vibes.

Love Nicki xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sun 03 May 2009, 7:07 pm

You must be exhausted Emma. Thanks for finding the time to post an update.
Really hope Evan continues to get stronger every day & that he gets off the ventilator soon.
Big hugs
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sun 03 May 2009, 8:42 pm

Hi Emma, Mr Emma & Evan.

I know how hard the roller-coaster of NNU is.
I can only hope & pray that you can ride the journey without too many twists & turns and that Evan will be home safe & strong with you both very soon.
As Mouse so rightly says, I hope too that you both are being looked after so that you can continue to give your darling son the strength he needs & the love you all deserve.
Thank you for the update, it is very much appreciated.

Warmest Wishes
Liz xx

Lesley
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Mon 04 May 2009, 8:27 am

I'm glad to hear Evan is still fighting hard Emma. I hope those levels improve soon and he can make some good progress for you. Thanks for the update and do keep us posted if and when you get chance. Take care of yourselves.

Lesley xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Mon 04 May 2009, 2:41 pm

Hi Emma

Sending all my love and best wishes to you all and lots of love to Evan king
I hope he continues to do well sounds like he is a little fighter, we have never been in your position so I wont say I understand what you are going through I can only imagine what it must be like, do take care of yourselves as you need to be strong for your little man Evan

Take lots of care

Ingrid xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emma29
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Mon 01 Jun 2009, 9:25 pm

Hello everyone, thought i'd update on evan.

We are still in sheffield, we are on day 108 now, he is now 3ib 14oz. Hes still having a few ups and down, but managed to come off the CPAP a couple of times last week to breathe on his own with just a bit of oxygen. I think it has tired him out a bit so they are giving him a break from that over the next couple of days as they dont want to push him.

We are just waiting for cot space in halifax, it will be nice to have him closer to us, i just want him home now. Will let you know how he goes love emxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Mon 01 Jun 2009, 9:30 pm

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the update - you sound exhausted.
Im so glad Evan is putting in a tremendous effort - well done little man!
Well done to Mummy & Daddy too - they are putting in heart & soul willing you to be well soon.

Hope you can get closer to home soon.
Warmest Wishes
Liz

Nicki D
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Mon 01 Jun 2009, 9:32 pm

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the update, it's good to hear that Evan is progressing. I hope you get the bed in Halifax really soon, so you don't have to keep adding the long journey to what must be an already exhausting day.

Take care

Love Nicki x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesley
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Tue 02 Jun 2009, 6:06 pm

What a gorgeous photo that is! flower I'm so glad to hear Evan has been a good boy of late, long may it continue. Returning to Halifax would be a very good step towards home for you all as it must be such a long commute and any travel really takes it out of you during the nicu experiance. I look forward to seeing many more photos of Evan in the future.

Take care of yourselves.

Lesley xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Tue 02 Jun 2009, 8:19 pm

So glad Evan is gradually getting stronger. It's a lovely picture of him & your DH.
Hope you're doing OK. Really hope you get the bed nearer home as soon as possible.
Big hugs to the whole family
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emma29
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Fri 10 Jul 2009, 9:44 pm

Hi everyone thought i'd post a little update.

We have finally moved to bradford hospital after 142 days in sheffield. Evans had a rocky couple of weeks, a hernia that he had became strangulated and caused him to have a massive infection and his lungs collapsed which meant he had to go back on a ventalator and things were not looking good. But as with everything evan does he never stops surprising us, with a massive dose of steriods and an operation on the hernia he has made some good progress.

He is off his vent and going between high and low flow, i think it will be a while before he is home, and when he does i think he will be on a fair bit of oxygen. Its always been hard but now he is more alert its getting really difficult to leave him there i just want to pick him up and take him home i cannot wait for that day!!

take care love emxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   Sat 11 Jul 2009, 10:09 am

Dear Emma,

I have not contacted you before, but so pleased your son is improving. You are giving me the strength to try again after losing my daughter at 26 weeks in May.

Best wishes, and hope it gets easier and you take your son home soon.

Jules
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   

Back to top Go down

I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: