Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New here...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abbie
New User

PostSubject: New here...   Sun 11 Jan 2009, 11:47 pm

I'm new here and have just had a baby girl, Amelia, who was six weeks old yesterday. She was delivered at 33 weeks due to pre-eclampsia. I'm still feeling fairly battered by the whole experience and I'm not quite ready to write my story here yet, but I just wanted to say how much it's helped to be able to read all your stories. People keep telling me what a miracle it is that Amelia and I are both well, and how wonderful everything is now we have her home, and although I completely agree with them I'm still finding it hard to come to terms with everything that's happened. I keep feeling gulity for feeling so bad when everything's turned out so well, but reading your stories has made me feel like I'm not the only one who feels like this, and that it's ok not to feel on top of the world all the time.

So thanks for being so honest, and I look forward to getting to know you a bit better here.

Love, Abbie xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.adullam-ministries.org.uk
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New here...   Mon 12 Jan 2009, 12:44 pm

Hi Abbie,

Welcome to the site and huge congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful daughter Amelia.

Im glad the posts here have been of use to you and of course we look forward to getting to know you too.

I do understand the 'split' you feel around your daughters birth. On one hand she is here & you are both physically well, on the the other - her arrival was not the dream you had planned. And that alone, is such a bereavement - and that I suspect is what you are grieving for.
When our dreams are taken from us it hurts beyond all imagination and it takes time, knowledge & TLC for our emotional wounds to heal. As those are not the ones that can be 'seen' they generally take the longest to soothe.

We will be here when you feel ready for that.

Enjoy every moment with your new family.
Warmest Wishes
Liz

HelenA
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: New here...   Mon 12 Jan 2009, 5:04 pm

Hi Abbie, congratulations on the birth of Amelia-she looks like a real cutie.
I understand fully where you are coming from. I had my daughter Grace almost 4 years ago at 32+2 and she had a smooth journey through scbu and so I felt very grateful that it had been so smooth and just got on with things. I put all my feelings regarding what had happened to the back of my mind. Around a year ago I found the old apec site and the bliss sites and read about other premature births and learned more about pre eclampsia. I can tell you quite honestly that I spent the best part of a week in tears reading through posts and finally grieving for the 2 months of pregnancy that I had missed out on and I feel that it helped me tremendously.
I too had come home with a healthy daughter and felt guilty for dwelling on myself and my own feelings of bereavement and so bottled them away and I don't feel that it was a particularly healthy thing to do so perhaps acknowledging those feelings and accepting them now is the best way.
I hope that you are able to overcome Amelia's premature birth and what you went through and are able to enjoy her-good days and bad(believe me there will be bad, especially when shes nearly four!!)
I am sure you will get lots of support on here,
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caroline
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: New here...   Mon 12 Jan 2009, 7:18 pm

Hi Abbie,

Just wanted to say hi. I hope you find the site as much of a support as I have. Amelia is very beautiful.

Love Caroline xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bens_mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: New here...   Tue 13 Jan 2009, 2:29 pm

Hi Abbie,

Welcome to the site. I'm glad you found us. I'm sure you'll get all the help & support you need here. This site is fantastic. Very Happy

All the best

Gemma x x x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nic
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: New here...   Thu 15 Jan 2009, 7:24 pm

Hi Abbie,
My little girl is now 16 months old and she was delivered at 36 weeks due to PE. I have really benefitted from the website, reading people's stories and helping myself come to terms with it all. I think it was about 3 months after her birth that I really started to grieve. I also have not posted my story but now I am thinking of having a 2 nd child and have a consultant appointment in Feb I think the website will become even more important.
Your daughter is georgeous and enjoy every minute. There will be ups and downs but as with all these things time heals.
Nicki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrsCav
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: New here...   Sat 17 Jan 2009, 3:28 pm

Hi abbie.

I understand how you feel, when my daughter grace was born i went to see her the next day (i wasn't allowed as i was rarther poorly the day she was born). We had tried for a baby for 4 years before finally concieving grace i went in to see her and had no emotion towards her what so ever i just sat there looking at her Sad
It look for a NICU nurse to come to me in the middle of the night a few days after she was born to say she may have had a fit and they had done a brain scan for me to realise that she was mine.
People think you should be happy you have your baby home but this brings new worries like watching them take every breath to make sure they are ok!

I have been using this site a while and all through my current pregnancy and everyone is so amazing and knows exactly how you feel and thats so reasuring, you can come on anytime and just chat about anything thats on your mind and everyone is so supportive it's lovely.

I was thinking of not going through with another pregnancy but after reading peoples stories it really helped me. I hope we all can help you through this time and become friends.

Love Paula
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: New here...   Sun 18 Jan 2009, 7:54 pm

Congratulations Abbie!
I had my first daughter at 35+4 weeks so have a good idea how you are feeling. I spent a long time in a bit of a state of shock & it took quite a long time for me to realise what had actually happened & how lucky we were with the outcome, so it sounds as though you are coping fantastically. As you can see no.2 daughter is nearly 4 months old & that pregnancy was PE & HELLP free!
This website helped me so much during the pregnancy to keep my feet on the ground - some days I think I checked in about 5 times a day, but it was so good to hear positive stories & to know that people out there understood how I felt.
Take care
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: New here...   Tue 20 Jan 2009, 1:48 pm

Hi Abbie

Welcome to the site and huge congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter Amelia queen ( Lovely name my daughter was going to call hers Amelia if she had a girl).
Hope you find lots of support here dont hesitate to come on at any time as there is always someone here to help

Take care and enjoy your little one

Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here...   

Back to top Go down

New here...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Story-
Jump to: