Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introducing Liz

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Introducing Liz Empty
PostSubject: Introducing Liz   Introducing Liz EmptyFri 23 May 2008, 1:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Its good to be back online!
For those who will be joining us..Welcome.

I have a personal & now professional interest in pre-eclampsia, here is a bit about me.

I became involved with a pre eclampsia charity in 1998 following the traumatic arrival of my daughter at 26 weeks. I had severe pre eclampsia and following her birth, I fitted. I also had HELLP syndrome.
With monumental effort from my daughter & excellent neonatal care, wrapped in volumes of luck, she is now a noisy 11 year old like any other. She Spent 8 1/2 months in intensive care, before being allowed home to die. (We were told we needed some time together as a family.) Ironically it was March 23rd....Mothers Day. Our house looked like a mini ITU, with a cacophony of drugs & equipment scattered everywhere. Aimee survived although she spent until she was 2 1/2 attached to her oxygen cylinder.
It was almost her 1st birthday when I started to realise that I was so exhausted the whole time & was carrying a huge bag of mixed emotions with me everywhere I went, that I started to think...What on Earth happened to me? Why does my daughter have to struggle like this? Was it something I did....or didnt do? I needed help. I needed answers.

After many attempts to summon the courage to pick up the phone I eventually called a Helpline. I was, for the first time, able to pour out my anxieties to someone who understood & could point me in the best direction to get my answers.
When I did get the answers I got cross! I am a trained nurse, why did I not know that this terrible condition even existed. I decided to do something about that!
I go & talk to midwives (or anyone else) about Pre Eclampsia & its devastating effects
In October 2005 I was employed by Action on Pre Eclampsia when I took over the role of Support Manager until my redundancy in April 2008.

I soon realised that women & their families still needed support so set up this forum.
Together I hope we can support each other through some difficult times as well as share our 'highs'.

With very Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

Introducing Liz Empty
PostSubject: welcome back   Introducing Liz EmptySun 25 May 2008, 11:58 am

Welcome back Liz

So glad you have set up another support forum I think it is needed so much
While I am Here an update on Samantha she is now 35 weeks 3 days and is blooming no sign of PE her blood pressure is still behaving itself, Samantha is still diet controlled with her Gestational Diabetes Babys est weight at 32 weeks was 4.5lbs.

I hope we can give Help and encouragement through our succesful stories after so much heartache after losing a little one.

I wish you well and good luck with this site I will certantly be coming here pretty frequently Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Introducing Liz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Liz   Introducing Liz EmptySun 25 May 2008, 12:49 pm

Hi Ingrid!

Welcome to the site - Im so pleased you registered!
I am also really pleased to hear Samantha & bump are doing so well. Another few weeks & we will see a New arrivals post - and it may well be our first!
Did you read the post from Molly? We have another Grandma on this site too now.

I am so pleased that since I lauinched on Saturday there has been a really steady new members registering, so I am sure there will be lots for you to offer them.

Great to 'talk' to you again!
Best Wishes to you all
Liz
Back to top Go down
Penny
Forum Friend
Penny

Introducing Liz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Liz   Introducing Liz EmptyWed 04 Jun 2008, 8:04 am

Hi Liz,
Its really interesting to read your story as although I always knew what a huge support you were on apec i never really knew much about you or your story.
It certainly sounds as though Aimee is one hell of a fighter. Just like her mum!
Love Penny xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Introducing Liz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Liz   Introducing Liz EmptyWed 04 Jun 2008, 8:21 am

Hi Penny,
Welcome to the site, Im glad you found us.
Thank you for all your kind words, I am certain you will be a great source of comfort & Inspiration to those who will join us inposting here.
I too have seen the tremendous support you offer on BLISS.
Best wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introducing Liz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Liz   Introducing Liz Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing Liz
Page 1 of 1