Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my journey starts today

Go down 
+5
Laurie
Lesley
Liz Pidgley
HelenA
sparkling
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sparkling
Forum Friend

my journey starts today Empty
PostSubject: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 8:47 pm

i have been to the GP who is going to refer me to Prof Walker at St James.

apparently the waiting list is about 8 - 12 weeks at the moment.
Anyway it's a start and we were thinking a late spring baby would be lovely.

Next stop is to get my Implanon IMplant removed and give my body chance to recover.
Back to top Go down
HelenA
Forum Friend
HelenA

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 7:59 pm

Hi, good luck with ttc. If I ever manage to get pregnant again I'm hoping to be refferred to him too.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 11:12 pm

Hi there,

The Prof is a great chap.

Good luck with your journey - even the longest ones start with a single step.
If there are stumbles, we will be here to support you.

Warmest Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 11:19 pm

Good luck love. Hopefully I will be joining you soon!
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 6:51 pm

thanks everyone. It's now all a bit wait and see! I need to find someone who'll take my implant out though now as there aren't many places that offer it!
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009, 10:29 am

i have a date for implant removal - 22nd April so it's a month to go before that happens.

I haven't hear from Jimmy's yet but hope to soon so i can organise an appointment.

so things are going well and at a nice slow and steady speed.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009, 11:33 am

Hi Sparkling,

Im glad to hear you have a date sorted for your implant to be removed. Dont be afraid to give Jimmys a ring to give them a nudge for your appointment - start as you mean to go on!!!

Warm Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyWed 08 Apr 2009, 7:11 am

still no appointment may be its time to start chasing.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyWed 08 Apr 2009, 11:23 am

It cant hurt to give them a gentle nudge! As they say - squeakiest doors get most attention!

Keep us posted!

Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 4:44 pm

apologies for being a bit awol i'm having issues with child no 1 at the moment.

anyway implanon implant is out. I can tell my skin is a mess.

still no appointment but i haven't had time to chase either which doesn't help.

freaky coincidence my implant was taken out 2 years to the day the last one came out.

trying to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 8:57 pm

Hi there!

Nice to 'see you back'!
I hope child no 1 is well - as are you.
When you get a minute to catch your breath, it might be worth giving Jimmys a ring to nudge them for your appointment?

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyTue 05 May 2009, 3:43 pm

i'm hoping to have 5 minutes peace on friday but that might be wishful thinking.

no 1 child is actually well at the moment and not in hospital might be cutting teeth and refusing to eat. hopefully she'll weigh in heavy on friday to make up for her recent antics however i doubt it.

Part of me is wondering how i'll manage a second child right now with all the hassle i'm having from no 1 child.

Will update when i have something more to say. I'm not even sure who to call at Jimmy's to nudge for an appointment. The website is overwhelming in terms of information!
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyFri 29 May 2009, 2:22 pm

still no appointment a bit dispondent really about it all. There's so much going on in my life right now.
However i must phone and chase next week as it's been a long long time.
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyFri 19 Jun 2009, 10:22 am

after much chasing i found out that i wasn't actually in the system. My letter which went from the GP on 6th March never made it to Jimmy's.

Anyway a lot of jumping up and down and toys firmly out of the pram my letter is now with referals and bookings - thank you PALS! I've been told there is a 5 week wait and they won't take into account the fact that they didn't get my letter sooner. Sad

so by my calculations i should get a letter next week inviting me for an appointment whilst i'm on holiday in Scotland so not like I can just pop back for it!
I'm predicting 15th julyish!

Anyway it's a step in the right direction and after a massive panic last week the Pregnancy Tests are still negative...

My cycle has gone to the dogs....

Eleanor still very well and now eating paedisure has been the problem and now it's been limited to bed time and 50ml at breakfast she's eating again massive massive relief. Now she needs to put some weight on rather than loose more.

Work sucks so i'm keen to get on with Baby no 2 sooner rather than later as i need an end date!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyFri 19 Jun 2009, 11:51 am

Firstly Sparkling - WELL DONE YOU for being persistent! cheers

Thanks for the updates though -
Im glad to hear Eleanor is well & will start to gain her weight.
Hopefully this will settle down a bit for you & there will soon be that infamous blue line appearing on the test sticks!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyTue 23 Jun 2009, 3:15 pm

still no appointment.

i'm drumming on the table waiting for it still.

i'm using my posts here as a reminder of how long i've been waiting...
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 10:05 am

1 week on and still no appointment but i'm within there 2 week time frame allegedly.

Getting fed up of chasing now.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 12:22 pm

Dont give up hope - Hang in there!

We are all with you in spirit!
Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyThu 02 Jul 2009, 9:39 am

i am truly truly truly fed up now.

30 mins on the phone to St James and still no further.

My referal has been passed for prioritising and i've been told that as it's been gone a month it can't be that important so the wait is going to be 12 weeks.....

I explained that wasn't on given it wasn't my fault they'd lost the original referal. their response was to put me through to Prof Walkers Secretary and guess what her phone as it has in the past just rings and rings and rings. I'm not convinced he has one.

I so tried to do the right thing but yet again the NHS lets me down.

It took a lot of guts to go and ask for the referal but this is making things 10 times worse as i'm getting nowhere fast at all and now it's really upsetting me.

I'm going to make another appointment with my GP to see if there is anyone else out there that can help as i'm not convinced I'll get to see Prof Walker in time. This assumes that other hospitals and consultants are less busy of course.
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyThu 02 Jul 2009, 9:42 am

excuse me ranting here but you know what really winds me up is that the story changes every time.

I was originally told 5 week wait now it's 12 weeks.

I wish i wasn't in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyThu 02 Jul 2009, 11:45 am

Perhaps your gp would refer you to prof Thornton in Nottingham? He was very happy to see me and at the time the wait wasn't that long once I was in the system. I'd be quite happy to go with you if you want the company love.
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyThu 02 Jul 2009, 12:39 pm

I think my GP would be happy to refer me anywhere that i've done the leg work for.

However thanks to a friend on the inside I've had a useful discussion with the Clinical Director for Obstetrics in Leeds and has promised me that she will get me an appointment and i must contact her again if i don't have one within the next 2 weeks.

I feel a little more positive now and i really hope she can come up with the goods.

It's so frustrating that its comes to this sometimes.

Thanks for the ongoing support everyone.
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 9:02 am

at last i have a time and date for an appointment. I obviously rattle the right cages last week.

13th August so it's ages away still but it's a date.

I'm relieved that we're getting somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 9:41 am

Well done!

Glad to hear that your efforts have paid off.
It might be worth spending some time now to actually write yourself a list of questions to ask on the day....just incase you get stressed & cant remember what you wanted to ask!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today EmptySun 19 Jul 2009, 8:09 pm

i now have a letter with an appointment time as well which is great news.

Thanks for all your help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my journey starts today   my journey starts today Empty

Back to top Go down

my journey starts today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next