Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

recurrent miscarriage investigations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend
jules

recurrent miscarriage investigations Empty
PostSubject: recurrent miscarriage investigations   recurrent miscarriage investigations EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 11:00 am

Hi,

I have read that there is an association between pre-eclampsia and miscarriage. I am pretty sure I had a miscarriage in October 2008 at 4-5 weeks, even though I never ran a pregnancy test, just before my disaster pre-eclampsia pregnancy and stillbirth with Alice (I conceived again in November). I have definitely just had a miscarriage now, after getting pregnant again in September - so that is 3 losses in a row for us.

I am wondering what tests they do for recurrent miscarriage if I asked to be referred? Is it all the same tests e.g. thrombophilia etc that I have had anyway following pre-eclampsia and stillbirth, or if there is anything different they can offer? There is no point in me repeating the same tests, which were all negative anyway, but I just wondered if anyone who had these investigations could help?

Thanks

Jules
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

PostSubject: Re: recurrent miscarriage investigations   recurrent miscarriage investigations EmptySat 28 Nov 2009, 10:51 pm

Hi

I asked a similar question to this a few months ago. Here is a link to the thread

http://pesupport.friendhood.net/ask-liz-f3/pe-and-recurrent-miscarriages-t203.htm

I asked to be referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic but as my MC were not three in a row this wasn't possible!! I did get an appointment with a consultant at the hospital who, after I persisted, sent me for some blood tests for Lupus and an APS blood test. I haven't had the results of this back yet.

The consultant has told me to take aspirin as soon as I fall pregnant next time and I am to be managed under the EPAU from 7 weeks until I am 12 weeks.
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: recurrent miscarriage investigations   recurrent miscarriage investigations EmptyTue 08 Dec 2009, 10:55 am

Thanks Mossy, I've already had those tests done too and they were all normal for me. I hope they find something treatable for you - and good luck for next time.

Jules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recurrent miscarriage investigations   recurrent miscarriage investigations Empty

Back to top Go down

recurrent miscarriage investigations
Page 1 of 1