Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Notching

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ClaireS
Forum Friend
ClaireS

Notching Empty
PostSubject: Notching   Notching EmptyThu 03 Dec 2009, 10:26 pm

I am 19 weeks pregnant and all has been going really well so far - BP had been getting lower and lower each appointment and my urine has been clear. Today I had my first appointment with a consultant and it didn't quite go as expected. She did a doppler scan (which I wasn't actually expecting for another few weeks) and it showed notching. Apparently this now puts me at a 50% risk of getting PE, however she did also say that it should help that I have been taking aspirin from early on. They are now going to keep a very close eye on me. Now I just need to try and stay positive.

Claire x
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Notching Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notching   Notching EmptyFri 04 Dec 2009, 7:01 pm

Hi Clare,

Just wanted to say i'm glad you've been well so far. Its good that they are keeping a close eye on you and have picked this up early on doppler. Hope everything continues to be alright.

Best wishes

Bell.x
Back to top Go down

Notching
Page 1 of 1