Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should I try again?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chelle
Forum Friend

Should I try again? Empty
PostSubject: Should I try again?   Should I try again? EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 9:40 pm

I haven't been on here for quite sometime so forgive me for going over old ground.
My first baby Bailey was born at 26 weeks due to my having p.e. At my 20 week scan things were normal but by 26 weeks Bailey was 24-48 hours from dying and was 3 weeks behind in growth. I felt fine but was delivered to give Bailey a chance. I was later told that it was difficult to say which one of us would have died first, something I really struggle with as I felt totally fine. Mind you it wasn't any of my health care team that told me this but the consultant neontologist that was giving me Bailey's p.m results.Bailey fought hard but died at 5 weeks old of N.E.C.
I got pregnant quite quickly and was told that as I had p.e so early and so severely 1st time then I was more likely with other pregnancies. I was given asprin and monitered very closely. Bp started to rise from quite early on and so I was put on bp tablets. Bp continued to rise by a bit every week and then by 28 weeks I had a lot of protein. This time I did have some swelling and sickness but baby was doing fine. This time I was delivered at 30 weeks but more to do with my condition than the baby.
I am now desperate to have another baby but feel like no one tells me anything. No one has ever explained my illness to me, never heard of tests on placenta or had any tests myself. I don't think that there is a p.e expert in N. Ireland, at least I've never heard of one. I just feel like no one tells me anything and I don't know what to do. The longing is so intense but can I ever have a safe pregnancy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.totsites.com/tot/babybailey
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Should I try again? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I try again?   Should I try again? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 3:38 pm

Hi Chelle,

Welcome to the Site, Im glad you found us again!

The short answer is whatever happens in another pregnancy you wont feel truely safe until baby is safely in your arms & doing well.
There is an expert in NI but Im told he has a long waiting list.

There is also an expert in SI who I know will take a self referral (esp given your history) if thats something you would want to consider?

I will PM both their details to you.

I think you are doing all the right things in arming yourself with as much knowledge as possible. Then - whatever decision you make it will be a well informed one.

Let me know if I can offer you further help.

Best Wishes

Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com

Should I try again?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Welcome to Pre Eclampsia Support Forum. :: Ask Liz. :: Ask Liz...-
Jump to: