Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hi all!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

hi all!! Empty
PostSubject: hi all!!   hi all!! EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 7:52 pm

hi all

just a quick update, my laptop went bang and have only just got a new one so thats why ive not been on!
right just a quick bit of advise needed really...... ive heard that taking aspirin can increase your chances of miscarrage andi *think* i had an early mc this month, wont go into detail as its not very nice Sad

what i want to know is even tho consultant has advised taking aspirin whilst trying to increase my chances of a PET free pregnancy........ do you think it'd be ok if i ddnt take it whilst trying but as soon as i know i pg? i will know very early on when i am as we've been trying since july and im doing all the usua TTC stuff.......... any ideas?

thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

hi all!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi all!!   hi all!! EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 9:25 pm

I don't really have an answer for you but I am taking aspirin this time round (1st time) although it is still early days for me I am just over 5 weeks I was advised to take it for both PE and recurrent MC. This is my 5th pregnancy and I have had 3 MC.

Maybe speak to your consultant again.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

hi all!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi all!!   hi all!! EmptyMon 18 Jan 2010, 2:03 pm

Hi Becky,

There is research that says aspirin can cause miscarriage but the risk is very low & lower still when the 75mg dose is taken to prevent PE. Most of the research suggests it is the normal adult doses that increase the risks further.

Interestingly there is increasing research to show that low dose aspirin may help women who experience repeated miscarriage, particularly if there is an underlying 'sticky blood' syndrome.

I also came across a very interesting study which discussed low dose aspirin & increased dietary omega 3 fatty acids help improve the blood flow velocity across the uterine arteries, although more study is needed to see if improves the out come of the pregnancy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18692841?dopt=AbstractPlus

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

hi all!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi all!!   hi all!! Empty

Back to top Go down

hi all!!
Page 1 of 1