Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

pregnant again and really want to feel excited!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: pregnant again and really want to feel excited!   Mon 12 Apr 2010, 2:14 pm

Hi Ladies,
I'm now 14 weeks pregnant and all is going well. I had an appointment with my consultant who I have real trust in, although she was very negative. She said she had to be like this to really keep an eye on me and spot the worst. This has not really helped me emotionally and I feel like a bit of a medical case for the whole of this pregnancy. I'm booked in for dopplers and extra scans and appointments and am on my aspirin. It's meant to be exciting time but I won't relax until I have a babe in arms. I'm starting pregnancy yoga tomorrow so I hope this will help refocus me. I'm sure everyone in this forum feels very similiar for their second prenancies. Has anyone come up with ways of coping and focusing on the positives?
Nicki x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: pregnant again and really want to feel excited!   Mon 12 Apr 2010, 2:30 pm

Hi Nicki,
Congratulations! Wish I could say I have an answer for always staying positive but I don't. I am only just over 4 weeks so obviously still very early for me but absolutely petrified already!! Although, I do like reading success stories on here and on another preeclampsia site, they make me feel very happy and give me hope!! That's my advice, it happens for other people so why not us! My consultant was honest with me but also put me at ease a little, not negative at all. All the scans etc will hopefully put your mind at rest and make you feel positive rather than over medicalising (not sure if thats a word!). How early did you have it last time?
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: pregnant again and really want to feel excited!   Mon 12 Apr 2010, 8:33 pm

I am finding it hard to be excited too. Every so often I get these little waves of excitement and then I just come down to earth and think lets just take it a step at the time. This is pregnancy number 5 for me (I have had 3 MC) and although I feel I am over the MC stage (hopefully) - I am 17+2. I know start on the new st age of will I or will I not develop PE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: pregnant again and really want to feel excited!   Tue 13 Apr 2010, 1:49 pm

Thanks guys,
I suppose it helps to hear that others are in the same boat. I was lucky!!!!! with my PE. It was severe but the signs were gradual in onset from 30 weeks onwards so I had lots of monitoring and with a 3 week stay in hospital (+ medication) was able to hold on to 36 weeks. I have a petite but beautiful 2 1/2 year old to thank my lucky stars for. I'm certainly not down all the time just more anxious than usual. I want to be really positive as I'm sure it helps in the long run.
Good to chat anyway.
Nicki x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: pregnant again and really want to feel excited!   Wed 14 Apr 2010, 6:47 am

hi i'm nearly at the end and I still don't think I'm excited about baby no 2.

It has been a very medicalised pregnancy that I've had the sort that most women would be horrified at and in fact a few people have said i don't know how you cope with all the prodding, poking and monitoring. For me it's the best chance i have of making sure i don't get as ill as last time and baby doesn't have the same problems.

Only 3 weeks to go - gulp.

sparkling 36+4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pregnant again and really want to feel excited!   

Back to top Go down

pregnant again and really want to feel excited!
Page 1 of 1