Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blood pressure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Blood pressure   Blood pressure EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 7:57 pm

Hello,
Sorry to start pestering about this already just need a little advice. My blood pressure in Dec was pretty low about 110/74 and generally stayed at this level. I went to the doctors today just to let him know and get my blood pressure checked. It has gone up to 122/86. I know this is not massively high, but it has worried me a little. I know that if I start pregnancy with high blood pressure it increases the likelihood of it all happening again. Does anyone think this could be a bad sign? I know its very early to tell, but just wondering if anyone has experience of blood pressure like this early on.

Thanks,
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure   Blood pressure EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 8:30 pm

I don't have an answer for you, but I will tell you what is happening with me. My BP at my MW booking in was 130/90. (Adding in here it was 130/90 when I went to the GP about this pregnancY) She took it a few times - on both arms and that is what is was. I didn't feel nervous or stressed that day at all! Anyway, she asked me to get it checked the following week (after my scan) and it was 120/80 (this is usual for me) I had it done again last week (I was 17+2) and it was 120/80 again. The Dr did say to me she was concerned my BP was high at my booking in but that they would keep an eye on it. If it was to raise later on I might need medication. Obviously I have no idea how this pregnancy is going to pan out........
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure   Blood pressure EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 8:58 pm

Thank you! That has put my mind at rest a bit, I was just worried that once it was up it would stay this way. Glad to hear that everything is going so well for you. Long may it continue! My poor husband is in for a very long and stressful 30 odd weeks (hopefully!!) I have been in tears all afternoon over this blood pressure, silly I know!!

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure   Blood pressure EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 7:12 am

Blood pressure is high variable anyway so you shouldn't read too much into one higher reading either (and it wasn't that much higher than your "normal" reading). I know how worried you must be; no-one can really predict how your pregnancy is going to pan out now but we all just hope for the best. My take on it is I think that PE has already done the worst to me that it is going to.

NB - My normal blood pressure is about 120/75, but whenever I'm pregnant it drops to around 100/60 (and stayed there until PE struck). That is supposed to be a good sign that you won't have a hypertensive pregnancy, but obviously it didn't help me much! Just saying you can't read much into measurement of one variable.

Good luck!

Jules xx
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure   Blood pressure EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 8:24 am

Thanks Jules, when I was pregnant with Bea my blood pressure dropped to about 110/60 so like you say it doesnt mean much!! I hadn't thought of that. You're right, it has done its worst and I need to stop stressing. I need to see 12 weeks first, getting a bit ahead of myself!
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

Blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure   Blood pressure EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 2:46 pm

My checking in blood pressure was 120/80 and my consultant said that this was higher than she hoped for this stage in pregnancy since it was higher than my checking in for my 1st pregnancy. This of course worried me but I was also happy with this as it one of the lowest readings I have had since the PE. It is such an emotional rollercoaster. I also really think that all of us probably have higher blood pressure due to white coat- I'm sure even the words 'blood pressure' must cause it to rise slightly because of what we have been through!!
This probably doesn't help but just to let you know I'm feeling the same!
Nicki x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure   Blood pressure EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:12 am

Thanks Nicki,
Have done it since and think you are right...sure I had a touch of white coat!! It was 122/74 this morning so a little better. It's good talking with other people who understand how stressful pregnancies after PE are.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blood pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure   Blood pressure Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood pressure
Page 1 of 1