Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

37+2 and still going strong!

Go down 
+3
jules
Caroline
sparkling
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sparkling
Forum Friend

37+2 and still going strong! Empty
PostSubject: 37+2 and still going strong!   37+2 and still going strong! EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 6:46 am

According to 2 consultants now is the time folks to go and buy a lottery ticket!

I don't think any of us had thoguht it was possible to make it to term! However here I am at 37+2 feeling mighty uncomfy wondering how much longer this is going to go on for!

I saw my consultant on Friday and he was pleased/ surprised to see me given the amount of times i've been in and out of the day unit for monitoring. THat's it now no more consultant appointments just the community midwife for 2 more visits. Gulp. Then i have my pre op bloods and pre op assessment and that's it.

It's nice to say now actually that within the next 2 weeks and 2 days I'm having a baby and it looks like it might be in a nice controlled calm manner rather than a bit of a panic.

My blood results aren't fantastic but they're not life threatening either. I'm slightly anaemic now but not much, my liver function has plateaued off and is below the cut off number. My platelets are dropping but again not at an alarming rate my urates are rising but it's only incremental so again no great concerns.

Protein is a consistent trace from my home dipping occassionally i get a + but that's as exciting as it gets.

My BP was up to 125/78 last friday but is still below booking in.

So was it the magic asprin? Was it a baby that had read the manual who knows.

However one thing is for sure and this was my parting shot to the consultant I'm not coming back for a 3rd go!

THanks everyone for your support I hope that things are plain sailing to the end and that my story gives some of you hope that it can go okay even thoguh i've had some blips along the way.

sparkling 37+2 and feeling mighty uncomfy and huge!
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: 37+2 and still going strong!   37+2 and still going strong! EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 5:02 pm

Fantastic news! I got to 37 exactly with Tilly and it was like a dream come true.

Look forward to hearing your announcement in a couple of weeks.

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: 37+2 and still going strong!   37+2 and still going strong! EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 6:19 pm

Your post made me smile :-). I am glad its still going so well x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 37+2 and still going strong!   37+2 and still going strong! EmptyMon 19 Apr 2010, 6:48 pm

Such brilliant news, so happy for you! Look forward to hearing your announcement soon!
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

PostSubject: Re: 37+2 and still going strong!   37+2 and still going strong! EmptyTue 20 Apr 2010, 8:32 am

Brilliant news. Not long now...

xxx
Back to top Go down
ClaireS
Forum Friend
ClaireS

PostSubject: Re: 37+2 and still going strong!   37+2 and still going strong! EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 10:01 am

Well done on making it past the magic 37 weeks - a big milestone to tick off! Hope all continues to go well.

Claire x
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: 37+2 and still going strong!   37+2 and still going strong! EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:56 pm

Well done to you getting past 37 weeks cheers cant wait to hear the news of new arrival ,sooo pleased all has gone so well for you even though you had a few wobbles along the way xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 37+2 and still going strong!   37+2 and still going strong! Empty

Back to top Go down

37+2 and still going strong!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Story-
Jump to: