Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Scan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Scan   Fri 07 May 2010, 6:04 pm

Hi all,
Had my scan today, 8 weeks exactly and all was good. Hurdle 1 over! Feel incredibly stressed this evening, which I know is silly considering how lucky I am to have good news, but just feel like I'm setting myself up for such heart ache all over gain. I suppose seeing the baby/bean makes it feel very real and this is the start. I am so desperate for this baby...I could not face it happening again.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scan   Sat 08 May 2010, 10:26 am

Hi Lizzie,

The feelings you describe are perfectly normal. /it is the hope and angst all rolled into one.
Equally, you were likely to have been wound up so far in 'preparation' for bad news at your scan it will take some time to really 'hear' that all was good.

I hope this helps a little.
Kind Wishes

Liz

Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Scan   Sat 08 May 2010, 4:49 pm

Thanks Liz, I think what also didn't help was that I had my blood pressure checked at the doctors after. The reading was identical to this time last year when I was first pregnant with bea. Sent me into panic over drive even though I know its just coincidence. Feeling more positive today and going to try and enjoy being pregnant. I even love feeling sick!!! I seem to feel no where near as poorly as last time.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Scan   Sun 09 May 2010, 7:22 pm

I wish it was easier for us lizzie. I struggle to keep down the feelings of panic, and that I must be completely mad as my body has patently proven its rubbish at pregnancy. What gives me the right to think it might be any better this time?

I'm glad the scan was good though; I have an 8 week scan in 10 days too. This time I don't think I've miscarried yet, but of course there is no certainty. xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Scan   Sun 09 May 2010, 7:39 pm

I really hope it all goes well for you when you have your scan. I wish it was easier for us too. Its the fear of another late loss that I can't bear although equally a miscarriage would be awful. Unfortunately there is no answer for either of us...well meaning friends always say, lightning never strikes twice et etc. We know different, but have just got to hope and pray we are lucky and get the happiness we deserve.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Scan   Mon 10 May 2010, 8:02 pm

Bea's mummy and Jules
I am thinking of you both and hope you both have a long and PE free pregnancy

I remember Samantha having all the colly wobbles carrying Dylan panicking on +1 protien at every niggly stretching pain wondering crying getting reassured by the hospital even at the birth she was scared it is only natural to feel this way, I was also so worried for Samantha and I think she got fed up with me asking every day if she was alright, I kept looking for any swelling if she had bad headaches the list goes on.

You both take care and try and enjoy your pregnancy and lots of luck to you both xx

Ingrid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Scan   Mon 10 May 2010, 8:17 pm

Thanks Ingrid, its nice to hear about people who have been through the same and ended up with a healthy baby at the end. Its so scary but it might all be worth it! I also hope your daughter has a successful third pregnancy which I'm sure she will.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scan   

Back to top Go down

Scan
Page 1 of 1