Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Brighter days ahead!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ann cotter
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Brighter days ahead!   Thu 29 May 2008, 10:54 am

hi everyone,
thought i would post my own experience to date in the hope it will help others who have been
been through this horrific rollercoaster ride and maybe offer some hope to those who are still
struggling.
My story starts when i first fell pregnant early sept 2006.We were so excited and i was having a lovely pregnancy not even suffering from morning sickness.When i was almost 24 weeks my bp was 140 over 90 and i had 2 pluses of protein in my urine. I even remember saying this sounds like pe,knowing very little about it then. I was admitted to hospital that evening being told if this was pe the condition would progress.Within 48 hours i had severe pec and hellp syndrome. My bp was 160 over 100 and rising,4 pluses of protein now, platelets dropped to 57 and liver enzymes high. The apec consultant arrived first thing on sat morning 04 feb2007 saying we would have to say hello to baby in the next 24 hours as i was very ill.All this was a huge shock to me as i felt perfectly healthy despite my bp,organ failure,
and been the size of a mitchelen man.Little Sophie was delieverd by emergency c section general anaestetic @ 10.10 that night. she weighed just 620 grams.She was such a brave little girl and fought so hard as best she could.After 6 days her little bowel perferrated and she went down very rapidly.We lost her on 11 feb 2007. We were absolutely devastated.
our hopes,dreams and hearts were crushed.I felt so guilty i had let her down.
I fell pregnant again in august after talking to the consultant and discussing the special care
i would be given this time around.It was a very stressful and anxious time for us emotionally as you wait for something to go wrong. I had to inject myself everyday,take 75mg of aspirin,
visit clinic every 2 weeks, gp every week but it was worth it all.On 22 march baby Caelen was born by c section @37 weeks weighing 7 pound. He is our wonderful little miracle and proof Sophie is still with us looking after us all. I had no hellp and the pe was setting in towards the end mildly but then when Caelen was delivered bp settled down again.
cant believe he is here. He is 9 weeks now so gorgeous, placid and great at night feeding and sleeping.There are photos of both Sophie and Caelen if you want to visit
www.sophiecotter.com .
I really just want to say never stop believing in your dreams, dont give up and keep in mind that every pregnancy is different,with the right care and support there is no reason this wont happen for others similar to me.
Kind regards and please keep in touch
Ann, little Sophie and baby Caelen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brighter days ahead!   Thu 29 May 2008, 11:05 am

Hi Ann,

Welcome to this site!
Thank you so much for your story & to Sophie & Caelens site.
I had 'met' Sophie before but Caelen is just edible!

Warmest Wishes to you all, enjoy every moment together.
Liz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Penny
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Brighter days ahead!   Wed 04 Jun 2008, 8:09 am

Hi Ann,

Wow congratulations on the birth of Caelen, what a gorgeous name!
I remember you PM'ing me months back so I am THRILLED to hear about your latest arrival.

Penny xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brighter days ahead!   

Back to top Go down

Brighter days ahead!
Page 1 of 1