Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

HB seen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: HB seen   Sat 22 May 2010, 7:55 pm

Hi, I had an early scan with a HB this week! All totally normal!

All my memories of ultrasounds seem to focus on seeing Alice there with no HB or sometimes on the early missed miscarriages, so seeing a everything looking normal was something else. I would never have though the words "viable intrauterine pregnancy" would read so great. Long long way to go though. I have another appointment on June 2.

I am now just over 8 weeks and probably due around the end of 2010.

Best wishes to everyone xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   Sat 22 May 2010, 7:59 pm

Hi Jules,

Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy and so happy for you that all went well at your scan.
Think we must be due about the same time. I felt so much clamer after my scan on Friday.

Bell.xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   Sat 22 May 2010, 8:03 pm

Bell, I am really very delighted for you. I hope you are feeling ok; I have been terrified and anxious.

Yes, my due date (based on my dates) is 31 December; though they may change that after 11 weeks scan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   Sun 23 May 2010, 9:30 am

Hi jules,

I am so happy to hear your scan went well and that your memory of scans will now have a happy occaision to recall.

Warm wishes
Liz

Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   Wed 26 May 2010, 10:12 am

Hi Jules,

We're just 4 days apart then. Feeling not too bad apart from the morning, noon and night sickness but i'm taking this as a good sign as i didn't have morning sickness last time.

How are you feeling?

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   Wed 26 May 2010, 11:11 am

Hi Bell,

Yes, I have bad sickness this time and also extreme fatigue - neither or which I really had with Alice. You do tend to hope those are good signs (I think they are good signs re: not miscarrying again for me), but I suspect they are a bit random really.

I am just understandably anxious - - earlier onset of PE = higher risk of recurrence, and mine was very early last time. Worrying about myself mainly at the moment (not much anyone can do for the baby this early, he/she has to hope for the best); I had too many of the serious complications of PE ( hypertensive crisis, pulmonary oedema, HELLP) & I really don't want to be allowed to get that sick again. But if I'm unlucky enough to get PE early then they will probably want to do conservative management in hospital again, and that would be terribly hard when it backfired so badly on me last time.

I'm glad you are feeling calm and confident. The odds are still positive for us.

jules x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   Wed 26 May 2010, 12:26 pm

Congratulations! I bet you are relieved to see the heartbeat.

I know how it feels to be anxious. I am taking it one day at a time. Everyday is a new bonus!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   Wed 26 May 2010, 6:59 pm

Hi Jules,

This sickness is so hard to deal with. My hubby has even bought me a bucket to carry around the house with me, lol! At least he's trying to help. I've tried the gingernuts, motion bands and eating little and often but am still to find something that really helps. Any suggestions?

I've spent the last few years since i lost Gerard worrying about getting pregnant again and going through pre eclampsia. It scares me so much and like you i don't want to get that sick again. I don't want my husband and family to go through the heartache and worry again either.

But this time we'll both be more closely monitored and if we do develop it, it will be caught earlier and we should never get that sick again. Just make sure the health professionals treat you right and shout if you need too.

Hope we can support each other throughout this year.

Bell.xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   Mon 31 May 2010, 9:10 am

Hi Bell,

No, no great tips I'm afraid, although the eating little and often helps me; and fortunately it seems to be reducing now I'm getting towards 10 weeks anyway. Its extreme debilitating fatigue I've had the most problems with this time; maybe I'm just getting too old for this!

Hope you start feeling better soon too xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HB seen   

Back to top Go down

HB seen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: