Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

midwife appointments

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nicki
Forum Friend

midwife appointments Empty
PostSubject: midwife appointments   midwife appointments EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 5:42 pm

Hi Liz,
Today I received a letter changing a pre-arranged mid-wife appointment to 3 weeks later which means I will theoretically be 6 weeks between a consultant app. and my next midwife appointment. I rang the mid wife team and I just got told that I could pop along to the drop in clinic between times to get BP and urine checked in between times. (I did explain the PE to the MW) I'm 24 weeks next week and my PE reared it's ugly head at 28 weeks previously. I feel abit let down as at my last appointment I was told that I would be reviewed fortnightly from now on and then weekly from 30 weeks. I wasn't sure whether to ring up and make a fuss or wait till next week and see what the Consultant says. I got very upset just because anything to do with the PE can tip me. I also get very anxious going to appointments and it would be nice to see the same MW or at least at the same clinic each time. Am I being silly and should just accept the care- I'm not good at making a fuss!!
Nicki
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: midwife appointments   midwife appointments EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 5:15 pm

Hi Nicky
Samantha has shared care she goes to the womens to see consultant and every fortnight supposed to see midwife at her GPs but she rings up leaves a message and they dont get back to her she has not seen a midwife now for 6 weeks , the consultant only took her bp ( she forgot to take her urine) and asked how she felt? baby has not been checked at all no listening for heartbeat ect the last scan was done quickley she is feeling a little let down at the moment but she says she knows her own body and is feeling wonderful her BP is behaving itself she has only put on 7lbs in weight and baby kicking loads as she said if she was worried she can go to a drop in centre run by the midwives.

Samantha does not seem to worry as much with this pregnancy and yet she has a new partner ( they normaly say it runs a risk of PE with new partners) and to be honest she is absolutley glowing with this pregnancy. Carrying Dylan was a littl fraught after losing Briannah it was scary with every little twinge/ pain ect as she was not used to a "normal Pregnancy" with this pregnancy she feels so positive and does not worry so much as she says you know your own body better than anyone.

Sorry for the long story but I do hope all goes well with you and all PE free I am sure you will be fine good luck

Samantha is 24 weeks and 3 days due 28th september with a little boy ( Corey Micheal )
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: midwife appointments   midwife appointments EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 8:20 pm

Hi Nicki,

Sorry, I thought I had replied to you on this yesterday.
I dont think you are making a fuss at all. You have a right to be seen at the very least fortnightly.
Could you see your GP inbetween MW & Consulatant appointments?
I suspect you would only worry more without a check up - and quite rightly so as you approach the 'crunch time' in your last pregnancy.
Dont let them put you off - you and your baby deserve the best care available.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: midwife appointments   midwife appointments EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:58 pm

whoops, after some detective work it turns out that someone had just put the wrong month on my change of app. letter. My care is after all good. I just got myself into a state!!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: midwife appointments   midwife appointments EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 12:17 pm

Ah ha!!!!

Glad it is sorted & you are getting the care you deserve. Well done for the detective work!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: midwife appointments   midwife appointments EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 3:51 pm

Samantha also has an oops Rolling Eyes looked at her notes ready to ring midwives for an appointment and noticed she missed one she blames having a pregnant brain and all that lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: midwife appointments   midwife appointments Empty

Back to top Go down

midwife appointments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Welcome to Pre Eclampsia Support Forum. :: Ask Liz. :: Ask Liz...-
Jump to: