Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scan 12 weeks +

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyFri 18 Jun 2010, 4:20 pm

Just a little update. Scan today went well in that baby was moving alot. Kept patting his / her head and face. Seems to be the right size for 12 weeks 5 days.

Am alittle worried because they said my placenta is lying low. Has anyone any experience of this? They said they will closely monitor this.

Good news that the ovarian cyst has got alot smaller.

My BP was normal and urine protein free.

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyFri 18 Jun 2010, 6:52 pm

I had a low lying placenta in my last pregnancy with Alice. At the 20 week scan it was only 1-2cm from the cervical os so I was scheduled for a scan at 32 weeks to see if it had "moved" away from the os. In the vast majority of cases apparently this happens and a vaginal delivery is still quite safe. Of course I didn't get that far and I only know at 25-26 weeks it still hadn't moved yet. I was told that a caesaren might be necessary if it didn't move, and there was a possibility of bleeding (but not till late in pregnancy); I never experienced that.

I don't think its likely to cause you any serious problem - it most likely will move away from the os as you get bigger, and if it doesn't they will keep scanning (& they will keep scanning you anyway because of your PE history), so try not to worry about anything else!.

I'm glad it was a great scan otherwise.

Jules x
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptySun 20 Jun 2010, 10:41 am

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your reply. I have been googling it as well. Was just having a total panick and have had a good cry. Just totally convinced myself there that i was going to lose this baby too. My positive thinking has totally gone out of the window now and i'm back to being anxious. I'm not going to relax properly until i can hold this baby in my arms.

I've got another gp appointment next week so will talk to him about it.

Thanks

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptySun 20 Jun 2010, 6:20 pm

Hi Bell, so glad to hear that all was well with your scan. Sorry to hear about how worried you are now, they will keep a very close eye on you this time.

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyMon 21 Jun 2010, 9:36 am

Hi Bell,

I know how hard this is, but I honestly think the low lying placenta will turn out either to be a complete non-issue or a very minor problem. And they assured me it had no relationship with PE. I never had any bleeding or other problems in my last pregnancy because of it - the only one I face was a small risk of caesarean (and I didn't look very pregnant because I was carrying so low around my hips - I'm getting much bigger much faster this time).

Try not to worry about this one xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyMon 21 Jun 2010, 10:13 am

Hi Bell,

I agree with Jules, low lying placentas are only a problem if they become a plancenta praevia. As jules has so rightly said, they move, so at this point there really is nothing to worry about - and certainly not in terms of low placentas & PE.

You are also right though, you wont completely settle until your baby is safely in your arms and all is as it should be....but this is totally normal. It is your bodies way of being a mum on the prowl keeping her eyes open for any danger towards her precious cargo.

I hope you will get some clear answers & reassurance from your GP this week.

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyTue 22 Jun 2010, 10:30 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replys. I feel more settled now that i have a better understanding of what may / may not happen. Was just in total panick mode!

Thanks again!

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyTue 22 Jun 2010, 7:03 pm

Glad you feel better, Bell. It is so hard isn't it? Every little thing! I am totally the same, but it does all sound good.

Take care
xxx
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 12:00 pm

Thanks Emmie. I know roll on December!
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

Was at MW appointment today. All is well. I'm now 14wks 5dys. BP ok , urine clear and heard babies heart beat for the first time. A magical moment. Has really helped me to relax alittle.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 10:21 pm

Excellent news Bell!

Im glad your appointment went well.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 5:06 pm

Fantastic news!!

Take care
Emma
xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scan 12 weeks + Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scan 12 weeks +   Scan 12 weeks + Empty

Back to top Go down

Scan 12 weeks +
Page 1 of 1