Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alka
Forum Friend
alka

Age Empty
PostSubject: Age   Age EmptyThu 24 Jun 2010, 12:44 pm

Hi Ladies

A huge congratulations to all those expecting, I'm sorry I haven't managed to congratulate you all individually, it's been a manic few weeks. I wish you very long and boring pregancies and just wanted to say how much hope your stories give me.

My hubby and I want to start trying for a little brother or sister for Jake at the end of the year. My age is really on my mind though, I remember talking to my GP after having PE and him saying 'you really should have your second before you're 35. I thought this would be more than possible back when I'd just had Jake at 28, but now I'm approaching 31 and I know that the older you get, the higher the risk of PE.

I just wondered if age is a factor for any of you or if you worry about this as well. I know I am probably being silly but I honestly think I think about PE in one way or another every day. I'm not obsessed with it, but it's always there, lurking.

Thank you, lots of love and best wishes
Nic x
Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age EmptyThu 24 Jun 2010, 6:34 pm

Age isn't really bothering me. I was told by my consultant before I conceived that she didn't want me to be too much older than I am (33) but other than that there was no concerns. I think you need to go for it when you are ready and after a traumatic first pregnancy it'll prob. take us ladies longer to think about trying again. I think I took longer to conceive because of anxiety.
Nicki
Back to top Go down
Wendles
Forum Friend
Wendles

Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age EmptyThu 24 Jun 2010, 10:10 pm

Hi Ladies

I lost my first baby to PE when I was 35, my consultant advised if we where going to try again we should do so within 2 years, this was mostly because you're fertility levels are falling. We weren't mentally ready to try again until after this time. I was 40 when I had a PE free pregnancy. We now have a healthy 2 year old and are thinking of trying for baby no 3.

Each time it seems to take longer to get pregnant but if you go on to have a PE free pregnancy it's worth it.

Hope this helps.

Wendy
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age EmptyFri 25 Jun 2010, 5:05 pm

Hi Wendy,

Age wasn't really too much of a issue for me but i was aware that i wanted to have another baby before i was 35. I'm 31 later this year.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Bell.xx
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age EmptyMon 28 Jun 2010, 5:29 pm

I was 37 when Alice died, and I am concerned about age, but wouldn't be in the slightest at your age.

The main problem of getting older is increasing miscarriages and reduced fertility. My consultant did not estimate my risk of recurrence of PE any higher than if I were 10 years younger (though its high anyway because of the early onset and severity in my last pregnancy). Having said that, he did advise not waiting until 44 or so!

The other problem is increasing risk of chromosomal abnormalities, though having said that they are still not high (in my opinion), below 40, and you can have screening if you wish.

Back to top Go down
alka
Forum Friend
alka

Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:42 am

Hello ladies

Thank you so much for your replies. It's nice to know what other people are thinking and if my concerns are "normal".

Really appreciate it.

Nic x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age   Age Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: