Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trying again...

Go down 
+7
tomsmammy
Mossy
Liz Pidgley
emmie
Bea's Mummy
Bell
kitkatw
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Trying again... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jan 2011, 5:40 pm

Hi Kitkat,
Glad your scan went well.x
Back to top Go down
kitkatw
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 11:16 am

Hi everyone, its been a while since I last posted but thought I would update you...I am 36 weeks now and STILL free of PE/BP problems!!! Its so surreal still being pregnant and actually having a bump this time...my growth scan has put the baby at about 6lb which I think is fab after having Olivia at just 2lb! So there is hope out there for everyone, and I put a lot of it down to the aspirin...
the next issue is when and how the baby comes out, I am keen to try for a natural birth as I had a emergency section last time, but I have been given a 41 week cut off which a planned c-section booked then...fingers crossed I go into labour naturally before then - any tips??
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 11:23 am

Hi Kitkat,

Congratulations on reaching 36 weeks with no sign of PE! Thats really great news.

No 'guaranteed' top tips on speeding up induction but sex is supposed to work as the protiens in semen help soften the cervix...other than that walking, hot curries....all the other 'tales' might be worth a try!

Looking forward to hearing your next upddates!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 4:03 pm

congratulations Kitkat. Im currently 30+ weeks and am feeling good. I too need tips on inducing labour naturally lol. I hope i can go pe free until 36 weeks...

Well done and keep us posted...
Back to top Go down
tomsmammy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: fab news   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2011, 7:35 pm

wow thats great news. glad your last scan was so good. i am 36+4 now and being watched closely :/ my bp is being a tad naughty, but not consistantly so no treatment as yet, and have terrible swelling. i have to keep constantly telling myself that that CAN be normal in pregnancy, but it still is a worry. i seen my consultant/scanned yesterday and bubs is est 6lb 6, which seems huge for me Smile i dont know about you hun, but all ive bought is newborn sizes so i hope my lil fatty doesnt pile too much on lol!!! i will be having weekly sweeps from 38 weeks and then to see the consulatant again at due date for induction if no movement.
she did tell me to get bouncing on my birth ball thou, as "it gets baby knocking on the door" hahaha bounce
good luck for the next few weeks xx
Back to top Go down
kitkatw
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 7:38 pm

Had a small BP blip yesterday, but no other symptoms of PE so had it rechecked today and it was ok...guess I cant complain now I am nearly 38 weeks, although a pregnancy completely free from BP treatment would be fab!!
Getting nervous now...I dodnt even have an option to labour last time - just 30 minutes from desision to C-section, so its strange waiting!!!
I have bought newborn sized clothes too, and last time we didnt use newborn til she was 6 months old so it'll be very strange if they are too small!!!
Good luck for your delivery - fingers crossed we both end up with normal births PE free!!!
Back to top Go down
kitkatw
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 5:46 pm

Now 39+ and have decide3d to opt out of waiting for term+7...I have a consultant appt monday to review the plans, my blood pressure is creeping (not too bad but enough to worry me) and I think I have come too far to let anything jepordize a healty baby now. I am having daily BP/Urinalysis over the weekend...am so twitchy now, that something will go wrong that I am desperate just to have him delievered and hold him...
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

Hiya, been following your story and thought i would stop by and say congrats for getting this far PE free. Just wondering, are you still going with the VBAC plan or going with the c-section??? I too want a vbac but ive had 2 c-sections. Im currently 34 weeks and now getting scared of what would happen if the vbac went wrong etc etc and that i should just opt for the c-section....its killing my head to be honest.
Back to top Go down
kitkatw
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 7:43 pm

I really dont know what I want to do, part of me thinks a c-section would just have it over safe and sound, but part of me thinks I will regret not trying natural. I am planning to chat to the consultant monday and make a plan...I had a membrane sweep today and although the head was really low the cervix was too far back to actually do it...
I think what I will aim for is an induction next week but with a cut-off to have a c-section at the first sign of any problems or slow progress, if the consultant agrees -thats my agreed plan for the 26th, I am just hoping they will bring it forward a week!
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 8:19 pm

Good luck hon and please let us know how you get on at the consultants appointment...

Take care
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 8:43 pm

Good luck Kitkat!

Keep us posted!
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
kitkatw
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Apr 2011, 7:02 pm

He is here!! Went to my consultant appointment monday, explained I was getting very twitchy about a vbac, and requested a repeat c-section. They arranged it for the next day!!! So Tuesday at 1325 we welcomed Jacob Theo into the world weighing 7lb 8oz!! He is totally gorgeous and such a good baby! He arrived on his due date and the pregnancy was completely pre eclampsia/hellp free!! After a 29 week premmie it is amazing to be able to be at home and breastfeed and bond etc!!! Am so happy!!!
Back to top Go down
amanda9
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Apr 2011, 7:11 pm

huge congratulations - and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying again...   Trying again... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying again...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: