Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A little wobble

Go down 
AuthorMessage
emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: A little wobble   Thu 08 Jul 2010, 3:10 pm

Well for the last few days I've been experiencing slightly swollen feet, but thought nothing of it. Then yesterday they started to itch and ache, still thought it was just the weather. Anyway, had a counsellor's appointment yesterday (been seeing her since my baby died) and she persuaded me to ring the Early Pregnancy Unit. Well the lady there sounded really concerned and told me to go straight to my G.P.

Anyway, G.P. was really great, my urine was clear, but my B.P. a bit high (140/90) but he said this was probably down to me worrying, but he was concerned about the itching and sent me to get blood tests. He said itching can sometimes be a sign of a liver complaint that can be easily treated!!

Aargh! I know realistically I can't get PE yet, but it really scared me yesterday. Thought I wouldn't be worrying this much until at least 20 weeks Crying or Very sad

Thanks for letting me blab on, just needed to let it out.

Emma

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: A little wobble   Thu 08 Jul 2010, 6:17 pm

Hi Emma,
So sorry to hear you're having a wobble...like you said it can't be PE but its just something that would scare you. I'm sure it will be something completely treatable like the doctor said. I won't say try not to worry because you will anyway!!! Let us know how you get on. Hope its all sorted soon xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A little wobble   Thu 08 Jul 2010, 9:48 pm

Hi Emma,

Im sorry you are having a wobble but it is totally understandable. I am really pleased to hear that your health professionals have 'jumped' on it as well as they have. If nothing else its a reassurance that they are taking you seriously & looking after the 'whole' you.

Livers can be a little temperamental especially in early pregnancy. There is all of a sudden lots more work to do because of the increased blood volume & they can get a little testy! Usually its all very innocent.

Wait & see what the blood tests reveal, if anything. With luck all it will show is that its been very hot you are running a bit 'dry' or developing the infamous pregnancy itch.

Hang in there!

Best Wishes
Liz

emmie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: A little wobble   Sun 18 Jul 2010, 6:38 pm

Thanks for your replies ladies!

The blood tests came back all clear which is a relief! So, not sure what it was, maybe the weather? But, at least everything's ok.

Now, next thing is Consultant's appointment on the 26th.

Emma
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little wobble   

Back to top Go down

A little wobble
Page 1 of 1