Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

millies birth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
milliesmummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: millies birth   Sat 31 May 2008, 10:22 am

hi im paula. my pregnancy went fine up until i was 23 weeks pregnant when i started to swell up. i went to my doctors once a week for 4 weeks and my blood pressure was fine but i was so swollen i couldnt even get my shoes on. when i was 27 weeks and 4 days 28th jan 08 my face and hands started to swell, my vision went funny i had a headache and pain in my ribs so i went to the doctor again thinking i was being a pest but this time he said i should go straight to the hospital. i got there at 5 pm they gave me a bottle to collect my wee in and tested it every time. they also took my blood pressure at regular intervals i cant remember how high it was. the next morning they said that my baby could be born early but our hospital didnt have the facilities to cope with a baby that early so we were taken to preston royal infirmary in an ambulance with flashing lights. when we got there at dinner time i was put in a private room and attached to a fetal heartrate monitor and a blood pressure machine. at 9 oclock that night 29 jan 08 the doctors decided they had to perform an emergency caesarian as i had started having fits and my placenta wasnt working properly. at 9.38pm millie was born at 27 weeks 5 days weighing 1 pound 10 ounces a perfect little bundle i got a little look at her before thay took her away, i was all alone through it as my partner had set off from barrow but hadnt arrived yet cos of traffic. he got there just as she had been delivered. millie breathed on her own for 5 mins then she was ventilated as we had only had time to have 1 lot of steroids. millie was on a vent for 2 days then put onto cpap. after 6 days they tried feeding her but her tummy started swelling so an xray was done and it showed air in her tummy and bowel. we were then transferred to manchester stmarys hospital for an op on her bowel as they thought it was perforated. they opened her up and her bowel and stomach were healthy thank god. we were ibn manchester for 4 weeks before she was well enough to go to lancaster royal infirmary we were there for 1 week and she was taken off cpap and put on low flow oxygen. after another 2 weeks we were transferred to our local hospital whoopee then 4 weeks later she was home on low flow oxygen but home with me! millie now weighs 9 pounds 12 and is thriving she is my little angel! sorry it was so longx x x x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: millies birth   Sat 31 May 2008, 2:50 pm

Hi Paula

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter Millie and thank you for sharing your story, I am sorry that you had to endure this horrible disease but it is good to know that both you and Millie are well.

take care
Ingrid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: millies birth   Sat 31 May 2008, 9:15 pm

Hi Paula,
You have had a good run around the countryside havent you. Im glad Millie (Fab name) is here safe and sound though & doing so well, despite her difficult start.
Warmest wishes
Liz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: millies birth   

Back to top Go down

millies birth
Page 1 of 1