Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sore hand joints

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mossy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Sore hand joints   Wed 25 Aug 2010, 3:03 pm

Anyone had this? For the last 10 days my hands have been quite sore but today it took me a full half hour to open my left hand. it is better now just very tender. I was just putting it down to excess fluid on the joints in late pregnancy. However someone has said to keep an eye on it as it could be a PE symptom???? I would say it has got worse since stopping aspirin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sore hand joints   Wed 25 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

Hi Mossy,

Hands & feet can swell quite normally during pregnancy. The joints may be painful due to the cartilage between the joints softening as your whole body prepares to move a huge bump into the world.

Aspirin has a mild anti inflammatory property to it so it does sound more like an inflammation as opposed to a PE 'swelling'.

Of course if you are worried, make sure your GP knows about it.

Hope this helps.
Best Wishes
Liz

Sore hand joints
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: