Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BP spikes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

BP spikes Empty
PostSubject: BP spikes   BP spikes EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

Hello,
Appears my positive honeymoon period is over... just need some advice. Went to midwife Thursday and BP was up to 130/90. She was cautious and sent me to the hospital to be put on a monitor. Once there, BP ranged anywhere from 120/68 to 125/88 ish. I don't have any protein or swelling and my blood tests have all come back clear. Anyway, since being back at home I have checked it perhaps a little more often than normal (in a panic) and it ranges so much. First thing this morning it was 140/90 and then 10 minutes later it was 115/75. Is PE starting? Feels like it to me but no other signs are there. 140/90 is the highest reading I have had and I am taking it alot. Part of me thinks that I could be stressed as I am near the point of delivery last time and it is September when she was born. The hospital want to see me Mon afternoon just to check me again because of history. I am so worried Sad Baby is fine by the way, will not stop moving and really busy, on a positive note Smile
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

BP spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP spikes   BP spikes EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 2:58 pm

Hi lizzie,

I understand, but think you might be worrying too much because

- bp varies on a day to day basis anyway and some high reading are "normal". when I had 24 hour BP monitoring done before pregnancy I had several spikes a day at this level or higher - which was of no concern because my average bp was normal.

- when I had PE my BP definitely just went up and up with no low/ normal readings.

- BP does start to rise a little even in a "normal" pregnancy as you get towards the 3rd trimester. My last BP readings this week were around 128/78 when I've been more like 120/70. But this is still normal ...

I would try not to keep taking your BP too often xx

[on the other hand, as you know if you get any symptoms then don't hesitate to go off to get it checked]

good luck xx
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

BP spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP spikes   BP spikes EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 7:24 pm

Hi Lizzie,

Sorry you're having a hard time of it, but I agree with Jules and am sure it is nothing.

I know when I take my BP, if I'm panicking or have been upset it is WAY higher, talking diastolic in the 80s and 90s when usually it is in the 60s. As this is such a hard time for you with Bea being born this month and you coming up to the gestation you lost her I think it is totally understandable that you are worrying and that your BP is high- I'm certain I'll be the same!!

Try to look after yourself and go to the hospital as often as you need to to get checked and get your hubby to spoil you! Laughing

Am so sorry that this is such a difficlt month for you and hopefully it will be peaceful and over quickly.

Take care
Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

BP spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP spikes   BP spikes EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 7:32 pm

Thanks ladies, I hope you are right. I have just taken it and it seems ok at 122/78. Going to try and stay calm until given reason not to...positive thoughts!! Your comments have helped xx
Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

BP spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP spikes   BP spikes EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:39 am

If it's any consolation - I got to 34 weeks and then my BP started to wobble like yours- this was when it all kicked in last time. I', not showing any other signs so noone is too worried- just me. So far they feel that it is down to anxiety. Lets hope that you are just very anxious which is really understandable.
Take care
Nicki x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

BP spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP spikes   BP spikes EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 9:58 pm

Thanks nicki,
That is exactly what the hospital think as well. They are not worried but are more worried about supporting me emotionally as they think that is the problem. I know my last appt my pulse was 106 which they thought showed my stress. Can't help but be paranoid as much as I'd like to believe them. Hoping you are well and everything is going smoothly.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

BP spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP spikes   BP spikes EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 3:51 pm

I went to the midwife testerday and my bp was lower (for me) 122/82. This was really reassuring after having my previous readings. I just need to keep calm for the next 4 weeks. Hope you can manage to do this to- easier said than done- I know! I'm not usually into yoga- but I have found pregnancy yoga so useful this time- especially breathiing while having Bp taken.
Take care Nicki
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BP spikes Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP spikes   BP spikes Empty

Back to top Go down

BP spikes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: