Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Racing heartbeat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Racing heartbeat Empty
PostSubject: Racing heartbeat   Racing heartbeat EmptySat 11 Sep 2010, 1:12 pm

Hi Liz

For the past few days my pulse seems to be fairly high (mostly 90s) and at times I have also felt my heart racing too. This was happening before too but less often. I don't think its stress related because it seems to be happening on a night when I am laid in front of TV or when I am in bed. I did mention it to my Midwife who said its probably just a normal pregnancy thing, but to mention it to my Consultant. I am seeing my GP on Monday so will mention it then, but just wondered if you had any advice on what it might be because it is worrying me a bit and I have heard that can be a symptom of PE. By the way I am 19 weeks and BP has been fine! Yeah!

Sorry for being such a worrier!
Emma
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Racing heartbeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing heartbeat   Racing heartbeat EmptySat 11 Sep 2010, 7:01 pm

Hello,
I have exactly the same thing happen to me as well. Was going to ask my consultant about it Tues. Hopefully it isn't anything to worry about just a normal pregnancy thing...I did have it last time though. I'll let you know what he says after my appt. Glad to hear everything else is good with you.
Lizzie
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Racing heartbeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing heartbeat   Racing heartbeat EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 11:08 am

This happens to me occasionally, also at night. I do think its stress related (even though I may not be under any particular stress just at the moment it occurs) as the anxiety does not really go away for me this pregnancy, and I doubt it does for you either.

I've not reported it - I'm not worried aobut that and don't think its particularly significant. That's because most of the time my heart beat is normal and low.

Best wishes
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Racing heartbeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing heartbeat   Racing heartbeat EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 12:45 pm

Thankyou ladies.

I'm going to the docs soon so I'll let you know what he says. My biggest concern is my pulse is now consistently in the 90s which surely can't be normal Sad

Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Racing heartbeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing heartbeat   Racing heartbeat EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 1:29 pm

hi Emma,

Sorry I havent got back to you sooner.
A normal pulse rate is anywhere between 60 & 100 beats per minute. When you are pregnant this can increase slightly because of the larger volume of blood you have on board. This too can also cause what feels like palpititions.

In terms of PE, there is some anecdotal evidence that palpitations can be a warning sign but I found nothing to consolidate this.
Most probable causes are anaemia or stress. Of course you can have palpitations & it be nothing to do with pregnancy or PE.

As always though, if you are worried get it checked out. Your GP can easily organise a 24 hour ECG or scan to make sure everything is tickety boo!

Good Luck
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Racing heartbeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing heartbeat   Racing heartbeat EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:38 pm

Hi everyone,

At the docs my pulse was 114 and he did take my concerns seriously. He said that although it is probably related to stress, he wanted me to have an ECG scan and bloods taken to check my thyroid just in case. I am going back to see him Thursday for the results.

He also said if my heartrate becomes consistently over 140 to ring 999 because it can be serious.

Him and the hospital are being so good and thorough, now just wish I could get midwife to be as good!

Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racing heartbeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing heartbeat   Racing heartbeat Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing heartbeat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Welcome to Pre Eclampsia Support Forum. :: Ask Liz. :: Ask Liz...-
Jump to: