Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I guess i can say my journey starts from today....

Go down 
+8
ClaireS
jules
Mossy
ingrid
smithjackie419
Bell
Liz Pidgley
thaiba2000
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
nicki
Forum Friend

I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 May 2011, 7:03 pm

If it's any reassurance I had 1 sweep and did not feel anything but my cervix did move down - it was the 2nd one that then got everything moving. - Well done for getting so far.
Nicki x
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 9:04 am

With gods blessing i'd like to announce our newest member of our family, a beautiful baby girl born on the 26th May at 10.49pm weighing just 6lbs 10oz (1 day over due). I had no pre-eclampsia and laboured on my due date and had my baby the next day. I actually reached 40 weeks....

The labour is a story and half believe me because i did most of my labour at home and didnt even realise and ended up going into hosital with babys head practically out..

My labour started on my due date (25th May). Me and husband decided to go into town for a long walk and seeing as it was my due date i thought lets try everything i can to get things started. All throughout the day i was telling my husband that i was feeling a light pressure down below but i just ignored it. This pain kept coming and going. We had a meal and then decided to go home because it was nearly time to collect the kids from school. Got home and i was still telling my hubby that im feeling wierd pressure down below. Then i felt like i needed the toilet so i went up to the toilet, took my knickers off to find i had brown discharge on my panty liner. I screamed in happiness knwng fully well that this could be the "show". I called my friend who has had 3 kids and she told me that this was definately a sign and that i could go into labour. Then i told her about the pain i was having and that i kept feeling like i needed to do a number 2 but everytime i went to the toilet nothing came out. At this point she started to get really excited and i was just excited because ive never had a show before. Ive never had a chance to labour AT ALL in my previous pregnancies. The bleeding kept going all through the night and i started to get worried that it could be actual bleeding and not a show. I called the hospital at around 12ish (cant remember time) and asked if what i was having bleeding or infact the show. I told them it was definately mucousy blood, it looked shiny and slimey so they agreed it was a show. They asked if i wanted to come in to be on the safe side but i told them im feeling fine and it definatly is mucousy blood so i will wait until the next day because i have an appointment with the normality midwfe for my 2nd sweep at 9.30am.

Had A hospital apopointent in the morning at 10 am for my 2nd sweep. Bearing in mind that when i went for my 1st sweep the week before they told me my cervix was tightly closed and not ready at all. As they did the sweep they told me i was 1cm dilated but totally effaced. She also showed me the blood all over her hand and reassured me that this was the "show". They told me i still must come in on the 31st May when my c-section had been booked. I told them about the pressure i was experiencing but neither of them said they were contractions but i explained to them that they were definatly getting stronger and more closer together. They told me it may be contractions because compared to last weeks (39 weeks) sweep my cervix was tighly closed and not ready at all and today im totally effaced and already 1cm dilated. We did a CTG and everything was finewith the baby so they told me to go home and wait for stronger contractions.

Came home at around 12ish to rest and progress further in labour. The pains were definatly getting worse but i tred not to tense myself and just breathe though it because i definatly wanted to progress. I read somewhere that tensing up delays things. I put a pillow between my legs and just breathed. I still didnt believe that i was in labour. At 4pm i had the urge to push but seeing as ive never laboured before i didnt realise why i needed to push. My hubby told me to come sit downstairs for a while but the pain was starting to get unbearable and starting to cry everytime the pain came. The kids were there so i explained to them not to worry because this is just the babys sign that its coming out. I didnt find any comfort downstairs and had a go at my husband for telling me to come down when i was quite comfortable upstairs.

Around 8.30pm the urge to push was getting really bad. The wierd thing was i wasnt feeling any pressure across my tummy but all the pressure was down below, from my hips to the vagiina. I called my hubby to prepare me a bath to help me because by this time i was crying so badly everytime the pain came and they were coming more often now. I still didnt think i was in labour. I just thought something was wrong. My hubby prepared me a bath at around 8.30pm and i went in and at 1st it was nice but the urge to push didnt get any better and i found myself pushing longer now. I kept saying to my hubby somethings wrong because i wasnt having strong tummy contractions but very bad pressure pain from hips to down below. I kept on sceaming at my husband for no reason so alot of the time i just told him to get lost of i didnt agree wth something he said. I kept thinking i needed to poo so i was going in and out of the bath tub and on the toilet then back into the bath tub- NOTHING WAS HELPING. Sat back in the bath tub and pushed only this time i little blood clot thing came out and i thought "could this be the rest of my mucous plug?". I got out, still naked and went to my bed because iremember i was comfy there but no, it wasnt the same as before because i was in agony. I was naked and all i had was a towel between my legs. I just kept thinking somethings wrong. I told hubby that ive given up and i know theres something not right, i wana go to the hospital for a c-section. My husband had a dissappointed look in his eyes and he told me that if i were to have a c-section i have to be totally happy about it and not regret it...he was saying this because neither of us knew what was happening. I was squirming on the bed like a fish out of water and everytime the pain came i would tell my husband to leave the room because i thought i was going to poo and i didnt want him seeing me like that. He was always still lurking around, obviously he was worried for me so even when i told him to go he was still there but just not next to me. I really felt helpless and i felt like i was losing my dignty, i honestly thought i needed to poo. I told him i want to go to the hospital and i just kept apologising to him for being a failure. "Im sorry husband, im sorry i ouldnt do this, somethings wrong and i just want a c-section". I just kept saying sorry to him and the more i did the more he looked dissappointed. I told him to get his mum to our house because there was no point in waking up the kids. At 9.30pm As he went down to call his mum i stood up and a whole load of water just gushed out of me in two installments. I then knew that i had to go into hospital. I said to him my waters broke and he asked if i was sure and i said yep im sure! By then i was thinking, sugar, maybe i am in labour and maybe this urge to push is LABOUR!

Got into a nightie and looked like a tramp but who cared, got into the car but kept coming in and out like a mad woman because i needed to hold a wall or something as i was having the contractions. My mother in law finally came and asked if i was ok....errr, do i look ok. I didnt say a word but just told her with my hands to go into the house. She smiled and just went in.

I was still pushing as hard as i could uncontrollably, in the car on the way to the hospital and on the hospital corridor. I had to keep hugging my husband to keep the pain at bay and hugging hiim jut made me feel better. The midwife took me onto a hosital bed to examine me and told me "right so...youre fully dialted" and just laughed. I looked at my husband and though "WHAT?". They picked up my legs and told me they could see babys hair...I asked for an epidural (not that i actually wanted it but at this point i started to doubt myself because i thought how the heck did i dilate that quickly when other women take hours and hours) Ofcourse they told me it was too late for an epidural and told me to use the gas and air. I refused it becasue it made my mouth all dry PLUS I did most of my labour without pain relief anyway. I got the urge to push again and they told me that if a needed to push then push...i pushed really strong because ive been watching so many birth videos on tv etc etc. Everytime i pushed i asked my husband is the baby coming out and he had such a grin on his face and he said "yes, the babys coming". The mdwives were very pleased at how great my pushing was...after 4/5 strong pushes she was out....I couldnt belive it. They handed her over to me straight away and i felt her cold slimey body but it was amazing. I couldnt belive it! so yeah i got my successful VBAC after 2 c-sections. I cant believe it and im so proud of myself. I loved the experience of a vaginal birth and hope to have this again in the future (PE free ofcourse). My hubby took a couple of pictures of the birth which i will cherish all my life.

The only thing was i had a 2nd degree tear but do you know what, my baby was with me throughout the whole thing unlike a c-section where the baby gets taken away and gets given back only once yo have recovered. 25 days into life with 3 kids. My stitches have healed and my baby is just wonderful.

Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 9:05 am

Can someone help me write a thankyou letter to my OB and my midwife for giving me the opportunity to acheive my VBA2c?? I dont know where to start...
Back to top Go down
becky1983
Forum Friend
becky1983

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 10:26 am

not been on for a long but WOW!! huge huge congrats to you and your family and well done for getting to term........... shes a beaut Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess i can say my journey starts from today....   I guess i can say my journey starts from today.... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I guess i can say my journey starts from today....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3