Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AmandaLily'smum
Forum Friend

Advice please Empty
PostSubject: Advice please   Advice please EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 1:25 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are well.
I have posted several times on the 'Ask Liz' board. I just wanted to put this out for abit of feedback. I am still waiting for a satisfactory consultant appointment. One that they can actually be bothered to go through my maternity notes, let alone actually have them their at the meeting.
Anyway, latest sarga is, I have been refused a referral to an PE expert at Manchester or Leeds and instead I have been prescribed asprin to take now (ie pre-conception).
I was annoyed to say the least and spoke to another doctor at the practice who said, he didnt see a problem in me wanting to discuss what happened during my pregnancy. (well thank you!!!) But he has referred me to the local hospital again!!!

My questions are
1) How many ladies were prescribed asprin before conception?

2) If I go to the appointment at the end of October and they try to make me see someone else instead of the named consultant on my letter how do I diplomatically lose my rag and demand to see the consultant?

3) Also, any useful questions to ask the consultant at the meeting.

4) One last thing, has anyone heard or followed the Brewer diet for PE?

Many thanks and sorry this post goes on forever.
Regards
Amanda
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Advice please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please   Advice please EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:32 pm

Hi Amanda,

Ive just Pmd you!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Advice please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please   Advice please EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:40 pm

Hi Amanda,

Sorry that you are having such a difficult time.

1) I was prescribed aspirin 75mgs once daily before conception but that was because i have stickly blood ( Factor V Leiden).

2) You have the right to refuse to be seen by any doctor you don't wish to be treated by. Ask before you are called in for your appointment who you will be seeing and check it is the consultant on your letter. If not just explain you would prefer to see consultant X because of previous problems etc. Hope this next meeting goes better for you. Just be firm with them.

3) Ask how often you will be seen once pregnant and will you get extra scans & dopplers. What if any medication will they start you on.

4) Never heard of this diet.

Best wishes

Bell.xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Advice please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please   Advice please EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 3:44 pm

Hi all,

The Brewer diet originated from the US & claims to do all sorts not least prevent PE, however, this claim really doesnt stand up to peer reviewed scrutiny.
This is the same for all so called preventative diets - there are none that have been clinically proven to prevent PE.

Esentially eating a healthy balanced diet (calcium rich if you can) is still the best option.

Hope this helps
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

Advice please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice please   Advice please Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice please
Page 1 of 1