Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Blood pressure...again!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Blood pressure...again!   Tue 19 Oct 2010, 6:24 pm

Hello...me again!!

I have been feeling a little unwell the last couple of days so took my bp at home. It was the highest it has been so far this pregnancy, ranging from 140-160/90-110. Rang the DAU and it was just as high there and then began to settle to slightly more reasonable. They ran some bloods and came back clear, protein is also clear. It was much, much higher than this when I had PE. I am now home and they want me to see MW tomorrow to check it again. Baby is still a busy bee... Any thoughts? I suppose the scan Tuesday will show if anything is going on.

Lizzie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure...again!   Wed 20 Oct 2010, 7:40 am

I would just keep taking your BP regularly at home. I use the protein sticks as well - you can ask for a prescription for those for just buy them from any chemist.

BP sometimes goes high for no reason at all - its variable but obviously we are all afraid of any signs of impending PE. I really hope its just the former for you x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure...again!   Wed 20 Oct 2010, 10:51 am

Hi Lizzie,

Is the machine you use at home validated to use in pregnancy? If its not, it can give wildly inaccurate results. Then a trudge to DAU is enough to put up anyones BP.
Its also likely that as you were in DAU that you felt 'safer' if all goes wrong, you are already in the right place so to speak....and that can bring your BP down.

In what way did you feel unwell? That can put BP up and it not be pregnancy related.

Either way, you did the right thing by getting yourself checked out. Peace of mind, especially for women who have had PE is priceless.
Jules idea of protein dipsticks are a good idea too. Oddly, protien can show before high PE so could act as another early warning for you.

Keep us posted & heres wishing that PE is no where in sight.

Best Wishes
Liz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood pressure...again!   

Back to top Go down

Blood pressure...again!
Page 1 of 1