Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

37 weeks, still not very happy!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jules
Forum Friend

PostSubject: 37 weeks, still not very happy!    Tue 07 Dec 2010, 4:50 pm

Hi, I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and had consultant appointment today. In some ways things are not too bad (all PET bloods were fine and repeated again today), but I still don't feel right, and they agreed I don't look well. Could be due to anything I guess though!

My BP was 125/90 which is higher than normal for me, but admittedly not extreme. No protein. I still have the mild headaches and right sided soreness which the consultant agreed seemed to be associated with my liver (liver scan now urgently ordered). I was teaching this afternoon and finding it difficult to talk due to shortness of breath. Its the pain in my right side and shortness of breath bothering me most right now. Maybe its normal to have difficulty breathing at 37 weeks though; I do feel huge? They were inclined to attribute most of my syptoms to white coat / anxiety, and I hope that's right. They won't induce before 39 weeks (and not necessarily even then) because their lists are full and I'm just not a high enough priority before then now as I'm too "well". I understand that clinically but it feels tough on me too. They will do a membrane sweep next week but I don't think they are spectacularly effective? I guess I just have to hope it might be for me.

Thanks to all for your support - hope things are going well for everyone x

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 37 weeks, still not very happy!    Wed 08 Dec 2010, 12:24 pm

Hi Jules

Im going to PM you.

Best Wishes
Liz

Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 37 weeks, still not very happy!    Wed 08 Dec 2010, 9:00 pm

Hi Jules,

Hope you are feeling alittle better today. All i can say is keep pushing them for the care you deserve. I'm 37 + 2 now and am short of breath so am thinking this is normal. Feel huge too.

I think the fact that you don't feel well and you have pain they need to be doing more for you. If you have too, go to the drop in clinic every single day to get the help you need. Make them notice you.

Let us know how you get on and take care.

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 37 weeks, still not very happy!    

Back to top Go down

37 weeks, still not very happy!
Page 1 of 1