Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to not think about it?!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amysmum
Forum Friend

How to not think about it?! Empty
PostSubject: How to not think about it?!   How to not think about it?! EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 10:28 pm

Hiya ladies,

I havent been on in a while and havent really got much to report at the minute (20 week scan on monday eek!!) but I had a little wobble over the last few days! Ive been very very exhausted and had a few minor headaches so went to GP to have my BP checked, he said it was normal, but i'm having a blood test to check my thyroid function as that could explain the exhaustion and headaches.

Anyhoo, I told the GP that I'm worrying a lot about the PE happening again! So all he said is 'Self Fulfilling Prophecy'. he didnt say it nastily or anything, but its now got me thinking.

So now I want to know how the hell do you not think about the one thing your worried about?? I keep picturing a lovely bouncy baby with a VBAC - the perfect scenario, but always at the back of my mind is a little voice saying PE PE!!! I just want to not think about it and enjoy this pregnancy, how can you do that?

I'm trying to stay positive and both me and amy (with lips to my belly lol) keep telling the baby it is staying put with no misbehaving until its fully cooked Very Happy

Sorry for the ramble and probably silly post

Hope everyones well
Holly
xxxx
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

How to not think about it?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to not think about it?!   How to not think about it?! EmptySat 05 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

Hi Amysmum,

Your post was not silly because im sure alot of women who have been through PE want to know how to just STOP thinking about it. I did well at the beginning of pregnancy and only last wednesday hit the 28 weeks mark and NOW im constantly thinking about PE. It was almost as though someone just flicked the switch and immediatly im on overdrive with the "what if" "but"...
Im also praying to myself that the baby stays in there healthy and well and that PE doesnt rear its ugly head again...
At the moment ive taught myself that PE can only stand for one thing and thats back to school PHYSICAL EDUCATION- PE....lol.
I dont let anyone mention the dreaded word infront of me because it IS very hard to get it out of the head once its in there...

All i can say is just enjoy your pregnancy and let it go with the flow... Im also trying for a vba2c this time so my main worry right now (and ive forced myself to worry about somethingelse other than PE Wink ) is for the baby to be in a head down position and not breech.
Back to top Go down

How to not think about it?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: