Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hughes Syndrome

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lesleywhite
Forum Friend

Hughes Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Hughes Syndrome   Hughes Syndrome EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 5:56 pm

I'm beginning to think I may have this condition. To cut a long story short, I had severe, early-onset pre-eclampsia with HELLP syndrome, requiring Jamie to be born at 29 weeks - he had severe IUGR, weighed only 720g, and spent 95 days in hospital, before going home on oxygen for 6 months. We are extremely lucky to have a wonderful toddler, who has met his milestones, albeit a little on the small side. But it has been an incredibly difficult time (understatement of the year!). The pre-eclampsia came as a bolt from the blue as my blood presssure is normally low and I had no other risk factors, or symptoms for that matter!

I asked for a consultant referral before planning another pregnancy, and having read through the NICE guidelines, requested a thrombophilia screen. The consultant agreed, saying that it would probably would come back negative. Much to my surprise I had a positive test (just) from December's blood sample. This was repeated again in January but apparently the samples were checked too close together so I must have another test next week, which will take another month to get the results back.

Does anyone else have this condition? If so, what have the implications been for pregnancy?

I understand that I would require aspirin 75mg because of the PE, and wondered whether Clexane (heparin) injections were always necessary? And at which point in pregnancy? Also is a Caesarian also required on Clexane?

All replies appreciated, thanks
Back to top Go down

Hughes Syndrome
Page 1 of 1