Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fiveisanawfullybignumber
Forum Friend
fiveisanawfullybignumber

Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE   Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE EmptySat 19 Mar 2011, 8:52 pm

Hi, new here, just found you all as was using a support forum based in the US.
Had no proper PE symptoms, then suddenly seized when in early labour at 38 weeks. Was my 5th child so totally unexpected.
I had some swelling on my hands for a few weeks but lots of women do, my BP never went any higher than 78 diastolic.
Apparently the word Eclampsia is a Greek word meaning 'bolt from the blue'. It truly was for me and I'm struggling to come to terms with it, no warnings, no nothing. I want someone or something to blame, but there's nothing, just my hazy memories playing over and over in my head.
Was hooked up to mag drip, fluids, 15min BP checks, everything. Surprised docs by seizing a 2nd time whilst on mag, but finaly delivered my baby girl naturaly with the help of a syntocin drip.
I had Eclampsia first followed by the pre Eclampsia symptoms.
I have very few memories of that day apart from not having ther strength to even hold my beautiful girl till the next day. I missed out on all her firsts, my husband did her first cuddle, feed, nappy change, everything really.
Bedbound with a catheter and epidural in place for at least 24hrs after labour, as platelets were so low they couldn't take it out.
I feel very lucky, looking at other stories that we both survived, but am watching my baby like a hawk to make sure she's developing properly. Worried if there is some damage from hypoxia when I was seizing.
She's 10m now and developing well, if a little slowly, just sitting & a bit of bum shuffling now.
Anyone else had a similar experience? I feel a kind of fake being here as my experience seems to be so different to most womens. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE   Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE EmptyMon 21 Mar 2011, 8:31 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you had to go through this horrible experience. Congratulations on your little girl and am glad she is doing well. I hope you can find the answers you are looking for here. I know this forum helped me alot after i had sever pre eclampsia during my first pregnancy and my baby boy was stillborn.

I've since gone on to have a PE free pregnancy and have a beautiful 14 week old baby girl.xxx
Back to top Go down
fiveisanawfullybignumber
Forum Friend
fiveisanawfullybignumber

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE   Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE EmptyTue 22 Mar 2011, 10:03 am

Thank you for your reply and your kind welcome. your little girl is beautiful, congratulations, and I'm so sorry you lost your son to this awful condition.
I had my hospital debrief but it's left me with more questions than answers tbh.
I also got a big shock yesterday, took my daughter for her 10 check and the midwifes clinic was on at the same time. I haven't seen the community midwife since just before the birth, she was unavailable after and they sent someone else out to do my PN care. She came out to waiting room to collect her next patient and we just looked at each other, she asked me how I was and said Florence was beautiful. I felt physically sick, when the HV came out a few mins later I was nearly in tears and shaking. Don't know where that extreme reaction came form but I felt awful, HV thinks I need to talk to someone about birth trauma. Crying or Very sad
Trying to have a positive day today, will take my 2 young girls to soft play with a friend for company and support.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE   Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE EmptyThu 24 Mar 2011, 11:38 am

Hi

Welcome to the site,

I wrote a reply to you a few days ago and just as I went to send my computer crashed! I will write it again for you!

In the meantime I can totally understand your reaction. It is a normal part of grieving. I am more than happy to talk to you via the phone if you would like?

My number is 0845 241 0989 and Im around from 9-12. If that time is inconvenient do PM me, Im happy to arrange another time with you and of course this is a completely confidential service.

I hope you find the information & support you are looking for here. One of the things I have learned is that however your PE presents, most of the time everyone here can remember those feelings too.

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
*Carole*
Forum Friend
*Carole*

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE   Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 12:26 pm

gosh you had such a scary time. I hope you have lots of support at home from family and friends.
Although I had increased BP I had no protien and my HELLPs symptons presented before my pre eclampsia symptons and I understand that Hellps can be as severe as eclampsia.
My Hv has been a really good support to me since my little boy came home, I hope you find some support through her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE   Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had Eclampsia followed by PE
Page 1 of 1