Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PTS Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HayleyP80
Forum Friend

PTS Question Empty
PostSubject: PTS Question   PTS Question EmptyTue 24 Jun 2008, 9:19 am

Hi Liz,

After our messages the other day I went to see my GP and he agrees that it is Post Traumatic Stress! I feel hugely relieved that there is a "reason" for the way I am feeling and that I'm not just mad Rolling Eyes

He is referring me for counselling and advises that I try and build upon my support network here. I am also going to try reflexology. My question is, have you come across anything else that may be of help? I'm willing to try anything.

Thanks
Hayley xx
Back to top Go down
Jodie
Forum Friend

PTS Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: PTS Question   PTS Question EmptyWed 25 Jun 2008, 12:06 pm

Hi Hayley

I was diagnosed with PTS after the birth of my daughter and had counselling. I found that talking about it with my husband and family really helped too. Also I embarked on reflexology and acupuncture. The reflexology I found particularly relaxing and calming and I found myself talking to my therapist whilst she was doing the treatment.

Wishing you lots of luck - be kind to yourself. It does get better. x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PTS Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: PTS Question   PTS Question EmptyWed 25 Jun 2008, 8:36 pm

Hi Hayley & Jodie,

I have also heard that reflexology is helpful, I think Laurie tried it when she was pregnant for the 2nd time.

I have also heard massage is good too, particularly a head & shoulder massage as thats where many of us 'carry' our tension. Also Hypnotherapy.

Your GP should be able to recommend practitioners that are reputable & local to you.

Keep us posted!
Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

PTS Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: PTS Question   PTS Question Empty

Back to top Go down

PTS Question
Page 1 of 1