Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Body returning to 'normal' and ttc

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shelley74shelley
Forum Friend

Body returning to 'normal' and ttc Empty
PostSubject: Body returning to 'normal' and ttc   Body returning to 'normal' and ttc EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 6:20 pm

How long does it take for your body to return to normal? I was told in hospital roughly 6 weeks. And when was you advised is a safe time to try to conceive again? Thank you xxx
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: Body returning to 'normal' and ttc   Body returning to 'normal' and ttc EmptyFri 01 Jul 2011, 3:44 pm

Hi,

This varies - in my case it took about 4-6 weeks for my blood pressure to return to normal. Everything else (e.g. liver enzymes, protein etc) normalised in a couple of weeks. Some women find it takes longer for their blood pressure to go down again after very severe pre-eclampsia.

You should probably ask your docs re: ttc but I tried again as soon as periods returned (about 10 weeks). I was 38 by then so hanging around waiting was not the best idea. Many women try again quite quickly, especially as (like me) I don't think you had a surgical delivery. You might need iron supplements - I look pregaday (iron and folic acid) all the time I was ttc.

Hope this helps a little

Best wishes

Jules
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

PostSubject: Re: Body returning to 'normal' and ttc   Body returning to 'normal' and ttc EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 8:24 pm

Hi,

Like Jules, I was advised to wait until my body had returned to 'normal' before TTC again- this happened within a couple of months. I so so badly wanted to try straight away, but also wanted time to grieve so gave myself a deadline of returning to work and getting some normalacy back- all in all about 5 months. I also pestered my GP for regular check ups to make sure everything had returned to normal.

Good luck with TTC

Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body returning to 'normal' and ttc   Body returning to 'normal' and ttc Empty

Back to top Go down

Body returning to 'normal' and ttc
Page 1 of 1