Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KookyK
Forum Friend

Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon?   Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon? EmptyFri 25 May 2012, 6:53 pm

Hi All,

I'm really hoping to TTC #2 after severe PE but would like to speak to a PE expert first as I felt my consultant, although lovely, didn't seem too clued up. Does anyone know of any experts in SW London or Surrey (I live v near Kingston upon Thames and Epsom)?

Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon?   Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon? EmptyThu 31 May 2012, 2:02 pm

Hi Kooky,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Life has been bedlam here.

I have PMd you the experts near you.

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
KookyK
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon?   Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon? EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 8:54 pm

Hi! Just to update, I discussed referral to an expert with my doctor. As I'm not already pregnant he wouldn't refer me on NHS until I am pregnant (although he was happy to do so any time from positive pregnancy test as per NICE PRECog 3 guideline).

He did however provide me with a referral to see an expert privately now (i.e. before falling pregnant) as I said I'd be prepared to pay and that any recent research developments, tests or trials they might be planning I'd want to know about before falling pregnant, and tbh if the outlook was bad in terms of risk I might be put off altogether but wanted the facts from someone who really knew. Doctor was complementary about my knowledge of PE research and Nice Guidelines!!
Back to top Go down
KookyK
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon?   Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon? EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 12:22 pm

Just following this up to ask how long do you wait before you chase a private referral. I went for Prof Shennan an sent my doc's referral to him as I was told my antenatal referrals. It's been over 3 weeks and I've not heard. I guess he might b travelling the world doing amazing research stuff but I assumed private consultations came through quickly.

I'm not having much luck as I initially phoned the hosp to ask what to do (ie should I make the appt and bring the letter with me) and someone took a message but no one ever called. I think I got his research dept instead of appointments but she asked a lot about why I was calling so you would have thought she could have passed my details to the right person!

I'm torn between hanging on for an appt (and I don't know if I'll be given a date soon or if there's a long waiting list) and starting to ttc now. But the whole
Point of the private referral was to see someone before I get preg (as I can see an expert when pg on the NHS anyway!!).

Wonder if u can help, Liz?
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon?   Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon? EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

Hi Kooky,

Ive PMd you to answer this one.

Let me know if I can help though!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon?   Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of PE Experts in Surrey or SWLondon?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: