Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Asprin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rosiebenji
New User

Asprin Empty
PostSubject: Asprin   Asprin EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 8:21 am

Hi Liz

I was told when I had my consultant appointment that I would be on asprin from the start of my next pregnancy. We are thinking of trying next month and I was wondering how soon you start asprin? I am seeing my GP this week to get Hb checked as often low so want to see before trying and I want to speak to them about the asprin and consultant referral to put a plan into action so there is not a chance of them refusing when I am pregnant and stressing me out!

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Asprin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asprin   Asprin EmptyWed 10 Oct 2012, 9:53 pm

Hi Rosie,

Welcome to the forum and huge apologies for taking an eternity to reply to you.

There is quite a big window of opportunity with aspirin. Depending on how severe your experience of PE as previously, some consultants suggest prior to conception, but all would agree commencing before the 12th week of pregnancy as this is when the placenta forms and where the cause of PE starts.

Aspirin is stopped at about 35/36 weeks to allow your blood to 'normalise' prior to delivery although the effects can be easily reversed if the benefit of continuing outweighs the risk.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing happy news in the future. If there is anything else I can help with please do let me know.

Kind wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com

Asprin
Page 1 of 1