Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just starting to get a bit anxious!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jodie
Forum Friend

Just starting to get a bit anxious! Empty
PostSubject: Just starting to get a bit anxious!   Just starting to get a bit anxious! EmptyTue 15 Jul 2008, 6:57 pm

Hi, I hope I'm writing this in the correct place! Is there a pregnancy section I should be writing in? If not, what does everything think about having one where all us anxious ladies in first or subsequent pregnancies could post general ramblings?!

Anyway, thought I'd post - am now 23+4 and am slowly inching towards the 24 week milestone. Touch wood I'm not doing too badly - my BP seems to be behaving in general (bit erratic) and I feel quite well.

I had my BP done today - 120/70 which I was thrilled with but there was a trace of protein in my wee which has unsettled me a bit. Also my feet are starting to puff a lot more and I'm wearing splints at night as the carpal tunnel is rearing its head again.

I don't really know where I'm going with this really other than I suppose, I'm starting to feel more anxious and I just needed to acknowledge it really. I think as well, that as the pregnancy starts to become more 'real' - proper bump, feeling her move etc, the fear that something might go wrong increases.

Anyway, will pop back to update more regularly.

x
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Just starting to get a bit anxious!   Just starting to get a bit anxious! EmptyTue 15 Jul 2008, 8:11 pm

Hi Jodie.
We're very close with our dates - I'm 24 weeks today!
Was coming on here to post myself as got v puffy feet today for the first time & it made me feel a bit wobbly esp as it didn't happen this early on last time.
Managed to talk myself (& hopefully you too) round that it was just a really hot day & we are pregnant after all & allowed to get puffy fat feet!
Sorry to hear about the protein trace. When are they going to check again, or will you be checking at home?
Totally understand your feelings about things becoming more real. Hope your BP continues to stay down & your protein doesn't get any more than a trace for at least another 16 weeks Smile
Lots of love xxx
Back to top Go down
Jodie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Just starting to get a bit anxious!   Just starting to get a bit anxious! EmptyTue 15 Jul 2008, 9:01 pm

Hello, thank you for replying! Yes, it has helped hearing someone else has the odd wobble, and puffy feet! Mine aren't good tonight - have sat with them up all evening but they seem to be reluctant to deflate! I think mine were a little later puffing up last time too.

Congrats on reaching 24 weeks - its such a milestone isn't it! And also big congrats on your natural miracle - I'm the other way round - natural miracle first time and IVF this time!

I have a consultant appointment on Thursday so will get checked again and she'll decide if I'm to do it daily at home or not.

Its great that we're so close in dates - hopefully we'll still be chatting about our pregnancies in about 15 weeks!

x
Back to top Go down
Fran1
New User

PostSubject: Re: Just starting to get a bit anxious!   Just starting to get a bit anxious! EmptyWed 16 Jul 2008, 12:54 pm

Hello ladies

I understand completely where you are coming from. I had my second baby last year after having PE in my first pregnancy. From about weeks 24 to 34 I was quite anxious. I remember asking my husband on an almost daily basis if my face was swollen. I think he got sick of me asking him about it. I also got worried when my fingers got a bit swollen. The local surgery were very good though and arranged an appointment for me that day to check BP and urine. As it was, the swelling in my fingers was just due to extra weight that I'd put on. If you have any concerns I'd suggest giving your surgery or midwife a ring. Mine were great when I had my wobbles.

Best wishes

Fran1
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Just starting to get a bit anxious!   Just starting to get a bit anxious! EmptyWed 16 Jul 2008, 8:30 pm

Thanks Fran, very glad your wobbles were only that & not PET.
So sorry to hear you had to have IVF Jodie but glad it worked for you. Good luck for your appointment tomorrow - I have my consultant appointment tomorrow too! Look forward to hearing how you get on. Hope you're less puffy today.
xxx
Back to top Go down
Jodie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Just starting to get a bit anxious!   Just starting to get a bit anxious! EmptyThu 17 Jul 2008, 5:15 pm

How did you get on today Mouse?

Had a scan this afternoon and consultant appointment. BP fine. Still got trace of protein which they weren't thrilled with but also not dire either - got to have some bloods taken tomorrow to check for protein in blood (I think).

But baby is big apparently and I have to have a test for gestational diabetes. Fasting from 9.30 pm next Tuesday then bloods on Wednesday morning. Bit worried as its just another thing to add to the list but then I keep thinking that I'm a big girl, DH is tall and chunky, and E was a good weight even born at 32 weeks. Maybe this little girl is just a bit chubby by nature?!

Bit panicked as I keep thinking gestional diabetes and then what if pre-eclampsia strikes????? Am trying very hard not to google!

x
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Just starting to get a bit anxious!   Just starting to get a bit anxious! EmptyThu 17 Jul 2008, 8:00 pm

All good for me thanks - just a check up. Next scan 28 weeks. Have been told to check my urine at home twice weekly & BP check in 2 weeks. I have a GTT for gestational diabetes too but at 28 weeks - had one last time but that's because I'm old Shocked Very Happy
Was impressed with E's weight at birth considering how early on you were. Hopefully you're just good at 'cooking' babies Very Happy
Hope your protein settles soon & that the GTT goes OK. NO GOOGLING!!
Lots of love
xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just starting to get a bit anxious!   Just starting to get a bit anxious! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just starting to get a bit anxious!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: