Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My story

Go down 
+12
Nicki D
emma29
HelenA
Abbie
alka
MrsCav
ingrid
Penny
Caroline
mouse
Liz Pidgley
Carrie06
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 8:14 pm

Hi Mrs Cav
Hope it went well today & that the midwife could answer your questions.
I really hope you won't be waiting long to see the consultant & get a plan.
Take care
Lots of love
xxx
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Aug 2008, 6:37 pm

Hi Mouse.

Thanks they were lovely at the hospital although me and grace had to wait for 1hour and 15mins!!!!
They have started me on 1 a day asprin, and i have scans booked for every 4 weeks from 20 weeks so i'm happy with that i now finally feel they are taking me seriously. cheers Razz

I also found out that from my last hospital records from when i had grace i did develop HELP syndrome ( i think thats right) which i didn't know before! Just now hoping for a nice PE FREE pregnancy. Fingers Crossed. Wink

Take Care.
xx
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Aug 2008, 7:42 pm

Hi Mrs Cav

So glad all went well and they have put you on aspirin. Its lovely having all these scans it puts your mind at rest and you get to see your little one more freqeuntly. Samantha panicked at the begining as she fel it was ages before they did anything but when they did her care package was brilliant and going by what you have said it looks as if they are going to look after you realy well.

I hope your pregnancy gets to full term and PE free

take care

Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Aug 2008, 12:40 pm

Hi Ingrid.

Thanks, i was also paniking as to why the didn't want to see me untill 13 weeks or maybe thats what they class as an early appointment i don't know.

It fills me full of hope to see that your grandson was born only a few months ago PE free.
Take Care.
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 5:36 pm

Hi carrie,

You must be coming up to 12 weeks now! I would be phoning the hospital every 5 mins. I phoned and they made an appointment there and then so i would phone up.

I sometimes wish i was symptom free but after all day saturday being sick every 45mins i am a little fed up. Also the disolveable asprin are not the nicest things in the world, but i'd do anything for a PE free pregnancy Smile

If you have no joy this week with the hospital phone up and make them give you one.

Hope it comes through soon.
Take Care
Paula
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 9:06 pm

Hi MrsCav

I had my midwife appt on Friday - BP ok and urine clear - hope it stays that way. Was shown the schedule of visits for a normal pregnancy and was confused as to why I was being shown these. I thought to myself that I should be optimistic and hope for a normal pregnancy but that doesn't mean no extra monitoring. Have my dating scan tomorrow and will also see a doctor after that so feeling very nervous at the moment. I am 11+2 today - can't believe I am getting near the end of the first trimester. It's going fast and slow at the same time. Trying to enjoy our secret for the next few days before we tell our families as my mother will be on the telephone every night looking for updates.....if only I could keep it secret until 40 weeks!!! Hope all is well with you!

Carriexx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 9:33 pm

Hi Carrie,

I am not suprised to hear you are getting anxious.
As far as the PRECOG guidelines go, because you have your history, the recomenndation is that you should be seen 4 weekly up until approx 2 weeks prior to delivery gestation of your last pregnancy & then weekly from there on. More so if you are showing new symptoms.
Dont be afraid if putting your foot down if necessary! Many women here will tell you that they found it helpful to take along the PRECOG guidelines to their appointments. They say that is serves 2 purposes, 1 to empower you to ask for what you are entitled as it shows you know what you are talking about or 2 if the MW doesnt know where to go next - you have the answers!

Hope this helps.
I hope that you get the support & care you need for a happy pregnancy.
Warm Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 10:58 am

Hi Carrie
Hope your scan & Drs appointment went well today & that you've got a plan of action.
Have a great holiday.
xxx
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 4:21 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments. Had dating scan today which went well and saw our little one wriggling around a lot and then decided to have a sleep. Measuring 2 days behind my dates so am now due 30th March and am 11+1. I did see a doctor afterwards but as my consultant's clinic is on a Friday and I'll be on hols, I saw an SHO who really didn't have a lot to say apart from phrases like "currently, your baby is fine", "currently, your bloods/BP etc are fine" -not very optimistic!

Anyway, I don't think she was in any position to discuss my plan of care but she did check with the registrar as to whether or not I needed any additional blood tests done. We had a "discussion" about what an obstetric physician was....she thinks it's the same as an obstetrician - I disagreed so didn't get anywhere on that front but will take it up with consultant when I see him. I was a little perplexed when she had asked me when I had arranged to see my GP/midwife next.....am I supposed to be planning my own care? I shrugged and she advised I see my GP in 2 wks to get BP checked.

So, no firm answers or plan today but have growth scan booked for mid-October with consultant so will have long list of questions and PRECOG guidance with me. I don't really have any worries about my care as they have been fairly prompt about arranging scans and checking my BP (twice in 5 days!!!) but we'll see how things progress.

Cxx
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 4:27 pm

Hi Carrie
Glad the scan was OK but shame the SHO was a bit cr*p. Glad you're feeling OK & have a consultants appt in Oct & a growth scan - I'm sure those will be very important stepping stones for you.
I think you should be entitled to expect at least a registrar if not a consultant at your future appointments so don't be worried about putting your foot down!
Hope you have a lovely holiday & that telling everyone goes OK.
xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 4:48 pm

Hi Carrie,

I couldnt have put my reply any better than Mouse really!

Have a great Holiday!
Best wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2008, 6:50 pm

Hi carrie,

I had to phone the ante natal clinic at my hospital and told them my history and they booked me for 10+2 so i was happy they have planned all my care up till 36weeks i have not got my dating scan till tuesday 16th september i'll be 12+6 so never mind then again in november then every 4 weeks till 36 weeks.

If your not happy keep pestering the ante natal clinic at your hospital untill you get the results you want after all it's your right to the best care available.

Take Care
Paula
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2008, 3:17 pm

Hi everyone, hope all expectant mummies are doing well. Am 13+3 today and had quick BP check at lunchtime and it's 110/60 so am hoping it stays around that level. 16 wk growth scan is booked for 13th October with consultant so just over a couple of weeks to wait. We told our news to our families on holiday last week so everyone seems pleased although my mum has taken to calling me at 8am telling me to rest and not get stressed!Feeling absolutely fine and looking forward to seeing the little one again on scan. I'm not due to have another scan (anomaly scan) until nearly 22 wks so am hoping that doc will book in another one before then as 6 wks between scans seems too long to wait considering my history and will want them to do a doppler scan also as I had bilateral notching/AREDF last time round but remember reading that it's after 20 weeks possibly that they do these scans - anyone know?

Cxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2008, 4:33 pm

Hi Carrie,

Around 18-22 weeks is usual as this is when baby is small enough to not hide everything & the vessels are large enough to actually see!

Glad to hear you are doing well (even with the early morning wake up calls!)
Best Wishes

Liz
Back to top Go down
alka
Forum Friend
alka

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2008, 7:19 pm

Hi Carrie

I just wanted to congratulate you on your wonderful news. I think you're ever so brave, and the more I hear of brave ladies like yourself going for it with another pregnancy, the braver it makes me feel about doing the same!

My heart goes out to you for Alice, I am sure she is keeping a watchful eye upon you and her little brother or sister and I wish you a very healthy and safe pregnancy.

Lots of Love
Nic x
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2008, 8:40 pm

Carrie that's great news!
Hope you can get an extra scan between 16 & 22 weeks. I had my anomaly scan with uterine artery dopplers at about 21 weeks. BP sounds good - long may it last.
Hope you had a lovely holiday. Glad everyone was pleased for you. Hope your mum's calls stick at once a day!
Take care & keep us posted
Lots of love
xxx
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Sep 2008, 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, went for a scan on the 16th september to see what i can only describe as a huge baby pale . The hospital said they wouldn't need to do a dopler as i'm taking asprin it wouldn't show anything but then gave me appointment for 1 and scans at 20 weeks then every 4 weeks after that, so i'm very happy with the care i'm getting Very Happy Also my BP was 120/70 so i'm happy with that as long as it stays that way.

However i don't know how many weeks i am exactly as they keep changing it i shoud be 15 today or 14+2 they keep telling me different so i'm going off 15 today so i don't have to wait so long.

I'm glad carrie you are getting all the care and attention you deserve as they took so long to give you an appointment in the first place Smile

Going for an ante natal (total care whatever that is???) appointment on the 16th october then another scan in 6 weeks at 20+ weeks.

Take Care Everyone
Paula
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyWed 01 Oct 2008, 7:26 pm

Hi everyone

Paula, "huge baby" sounds great - who would ever have thought that we would welcome big babies!!! The bigger the better if you ask me. Glad it is going well. Will be interested to hear about the plan they have for your care so I can compare mine:)

Mouse, thanks for the info - am hoping my uterine arteries are behaving themselves this time around! You must be getting near 36 weeks - will drop you a message.

Nic, thanks for your message. I don't consider myself brave at all. People say I'm brave coping with Alice's death but I really don't have any other option other than to get on with it like other people. Getting pregnant again wasn't particularly brave in my eyes....I think the situation is probably very different if you and your child manage to come through the PE. If you are left with just memories, photos and a few videos, it's not really very much, actually it's nothing so if you want another child, you don't have much choice other than to get on with it and hope and pray that things turn out differently.

I am encouraged by the stories I read on here and bereavement websites like SANDS where there are plenty of others who have lost children to PE/HELLP and have gone on to have PE free pregnancies or at least have managed to have a healthy baby at the end. I can imagine your decision to have another child is difficult and good luck coming to a decision. I just decided to go for it and not worry too much about something that might never happen again.

Carriexx
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Oct 2008, 12:01 pm

Hi carrie,

Yeah a big baby sounds ok, even a 6lb will seem big in comparrison Very Happy i just don't fancy a 10lb 1oz baby like my husband was when he was born pale .

My plan of care is quite simple after my 20 week scan i will have growth scans every 4 weeks untill 36 weeks, they will check my blood pressure and urine at every visit.
I have been told that if i want my blood pressure checking on a more regular i can just nip up the my local birthing centre and the midwife will do it so i can go every week if i want. I have to look out for swelling that doesn't go down after a night of rest, as i have very bad swelling about 3 weeks before they found protine.

I'm not going to get my blood pressure checked every weeks as i don't want to stress myself (as hard as that maybe) as that will elevate my blood pressure.

I have also talked it over with my husband and after 22 ish weeks i'm not doing any house work i'm just going to get as much rest as i can doing nothing other that looking after a very active 2 year old that should be enough.

I would very much like to hear your care plan and how you have been getting on over the last few weeks.

Take care
Paula xx
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Oct 2008, 10:29 am

Hi Paula, not a lot really to report on my side - hope you are feeling well. Have my growth scan on Monday 13th at 16 wks with the consultant so have been wishing the days away as quickly as possible. Hoping to discuss my care plan at the appointment too but guess it will probably something similar to yours. At the moment, it's around the same time that Alice's growth slowed and my BP had gone up by 20 wks with +1 of protein also detected so it was all quite early. I'll update next week and hope that I have good news to report. Cx
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Oct 2008, 3:28 pm

Hi

Hope everthing goes well for you on monday.

I had a small scare on tuesday i woke up and was quite dizzy and felt like i had no balance. so after wrk i went to the midwife led birthing centre and my BP an durine was fine and had a listen to the heartbeat (which it took a while to find very scary) for the first time.

I'm trying not to scare my self and stay calm but i don't think i can Mad
Speak to you soon i have my 16 week scan (at nearly 18 weeks) on thursday so keep you posted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2008, 4:07 pm

Hello everyone, well first growth scan today at 16 weeks.

It went really well and baby was measuring 16+4/5 which was nice for a change as I'm 16 wks today. The doctor did a really thorough scan and looked at everything and even did a doppler scan to look at blood flow - no notching so far!

The plan is to scan me every 2 weeks from now until 28 weeks and then go from there so that will certainly make time go faster. BP and urine were fine which was good. Had a chat about delivery (talk about going ahead of myself) and consultant said that it would be discussed as we went along but at the moment if I didn't go into labour by 39 wks, I would have to have another section as they wouldn't induce me. Although the chances of me going into labour by myself are not that great since it was a section 1st time but will wait and see. Baby looked great on scan and was on its tummy but got good views of hands, feet etc. Estimated weight is 162g so a bit to go yet!

Didn't have to wave the PRECOG guidelines at them as they seem to be on their toes although they don't seem to know what the SANDS teardrop stickers are for on my notes (for those who don't know, these alert health professionals that you have lost a baby and when it died) so it's very tough when asked about Alice by someone who doesn't know my history. Anyway, shouldn't complain as they were very nice. Paula, hope it goes well for you on Thursday. Cx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Oct 2008, 10:12 pm

Hi Carrie,

Thats really great news! Baby is growing really well by the sounds!
Im glad too you didnt have to wave the PRECOG guidelines - but Ive never heard of the 'teardrop' system. I hope you were cared for with the sensitivity you deserve.

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2008, 4:32 pm

Hi carrie.

I'm so please that everthing is going great for you, i bet you were so happy to see baby healthy. I will keep you posted can't wait for thursday just to hear the heartbeat and everything. Also hopeing to discuss birth plan as all they have said so far is IF everything is ok we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Back to top Go down
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Oct 2008, 1:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

My appointment at the hospital was a waste of time, The midwife didn't want to discuss my birth plan. She took my blood pressure and dipped my urine all normal, Thank God! Very Happy I was told the doctor would see me at my 20 week scan to dicuss everything!!!

It is very dissapointing as everytime i go i have to explain my previous condition and they don't seem that bothered but thats prob just me not thinking i'm getting enough from them!! So nothing is going to be discussed untill my 20 week scan Mad
I had to wait over an hour just to see the midwife s how long will i have to wait to see the consultant!!!!!

Hope everyone is ok. Love Paula.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My story - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My story
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next