Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Panic rising!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jodie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Panic rising!   Tue 22 Jul 2008, 3:52 pm

Midwife this morning. Good news - BP good, and urate levels in my blood fine.

Not so good news - up to 1+ protein in the wee though so call to the hospital and got to dip my wee every day now. And water retention increasing in feet/arms.

So, consultant appointment being arranged as they don't want to wait for another 3 weeks before I see her again. Talk of the steroid injections being moved forward to 26 weeks, rather than 28.

And I've been signed off work for a week. Relax and rest apparently. And not panic. I'm trying!

Am just starting to freak out as my protein rose quite quickly from 1-3 before I was admitted last time. I'm only 24+4 today - it wasn't 1+ at this point last time - does that mean I'm going to get PE earlier?????? Is it on its way? Panic, panic, panic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Penny
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 22 Jul 2008, 7:13 pm

Hi Jodie,
Am so sorry you have been thrown into this panic again, If its any help my protein bobbed between trace and +1 throughout my last pregnancy with no apparent reason.

Will continue to keep everything crossed, keep us updated whilst keeping those feet up.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 22 Jul 2008, 7:40 pm

So sorry to hear about your 1+ protein & the swelling Jodie.
Like Penny says it definitely doesn't mean it will be progressive but totally understand your concerns.
Glad they are bringing forward your consultant appointment & that you are off work, hope daytime TV isn't going to send you doolally. At least you've got some lovely weather this week.
Keep us posted how you are getting on - daily pee reports please.
We will be with you every step of this pregnancy & hope that's for a very long time to come.
Lots of love & hugs
xxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annika
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 22 Jul 2008, 8:00 pm

Hi Jodie

Just wanted to send you lots of hugs and really hope this isn't PE developing- I'm sure it's not....have everything crossed for you.

With Mairi we had a few scares along the way, with slowed growth, low amniotic fluid etc. and BP spikes- this all started for me around 26 weeks which was a lot earlier than I had expected any symptoms of PE to strike as had been led to believe that usually if it does happen again it's later in pregnancy.... Anyhow I was very lucky to have a consultant appt every 2 weeks from 22 weeks, and every week for a month around the time I developed PE with Sam, which was hugely reassuring- at each appt my consultant would do a very detailed scan to check the baby's growth and if she had any concerns, however slight, I was sent upstairs to the day assessment unit, hooked to a BP monitor for 40 mins and then a doppler scan performed to check blood flow. Each time much to my relief it was a "false alarm"- but she was concerned by the low AFI (fluid) & growth enough to bring my steroids forward to 27 weeks. I guess as PE is unpredictable it is understandable for consultants to err on the side of caution- which I fully endorse! Anyway, for me things settled down for a while and then from 32 weeks my BP started to creep up- but gradually, and I wasn't admitted until 35 weeks and M wasn't born until 36 weeks- and PE was much milder this time and the whole experience very much less traumatic.

I guess what I'm saying is that with the increased monitoring in subsequent pregnancies we do end up picking up the slightest "wobble" from "normal" and rightly so increased monitoring ensues- which is scary. BUT I do believe most completely healthy/normal pregnant ladies have symptoms of PE without developing PE, especially varying levels of swelling (particularly in warm weather), BP, protein in urine etc.- it's only when these coincide markedly and looking for other symptoms as well is it certain PE is the cause... I really hope everything settles down for you, but really do try to rest (I was told when M appeared to be growing slowly to lie on my left side as much as possible, and drink lots of water...)

Thinking of you & apologies for the long rambling reply... Know only too well how scared you must feel but really hope these are just false alarms which'll sort themselves out... Keep us updated however minor it might seem we've been there and know how much it helps to have somewhere to spill it all!

Love Annika xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 29 Jul 2008, 11:13 am

Hi Jodie, just wondered how you were doing? Have you had your consultant appointment yet? Hope the protein has stayed at 1+ or less & that you're feeling OK.
Big hugs
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jodie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 29 Jul 2008, 2:00 pm

Hi Mouse! Thanks for checking up on me. I'm ok. BP fairly stable at 130/80 and protein still at 1+. Have been signed off work for a couple of weeks though as the midwife thought it would do me good! To be honest, in this heat, I'm not complaining!

How are you?

x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 29 Jul 2008, 2:04 pm

Hi Jodie,

Im glad to hear you are stable and still 'cooking' your little one. Im sure our fellow posters on here will be happy to hear this update.

Best Wishes
Liz

HelenA
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 29 Jul 2008, 2:41 pm

Hi Jodie,

Pleased to hear that you are stable. Hope you are managing to take it easy whilst you are off work-though I know how difficult that is with a three year old!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Penny
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 29 Jul 2008, 4:56 pm

Hi Jodie, Great to hear all is good,
Keeping everything crossed still xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 29 Jul 2008, 8:00 pm

Hi Jodie
I'm so pleased everything is stable for you & great that you're off work. Is your little one at nursery? Hope so otherwise wouldn't be much of a rest!!
Think you said you would be having steroid injections soon? Hope they aren't too sore.
Keep us updated.
xxxx

PS I'm fine thanks xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jodie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Fri 08 Aug 2008, 11:20 pm

Evening! Thought I'd do a quick update!

I'm 27 weeks now - can't believe it really! BP was 145/80 this week and still got 1+ protein in my urine. Still off work and due back on 26th August for a week before starting maternity leave.

Starting to have the odd nightmare, and had a bit of a panic attack this week so went to see my GP who has been fantastically supportive. I'm ok actually, and feel better now I've acknowledged that its all playing on my mind and how anxious I am. My husband is being great too which helps.

Consultant appointment and growth scan on 18th August.

Keeping everything crossed!

x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Sat 09 Aug 2008, 11:29 am

Hi Jodie

Glad everything is still OK cheers and hope it carries on till term, its wonderful having all these growth scans as you get to see your little one more frequently I know when I went with my daughter and Partner is was great watching him on the scanner.

Take care

Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Sat 09 Aug 2008, 1:16 pm

Hi Jodie.

So pleased everything is going OK for you & that they are keeping a close eye on you.
Sorry to hear about the nightmares - I have had some really horrid vivid dreams too - woken up crying etc & think it's all those pregnancy hormones flying around plus the stress of thinking about PET etc. Hope they settle down a bit.
Glad your GP was lovely about the panic attack & hope you don't get any more

I've got a trace of protein at the moment but my BP is behaving. Are you dipping your wee at home? I've gone a bit loopy with the sticks next to the loo & have tested several times a day some days!! My next scan is 14th August, will be thinking of you on the 18th.

Take care
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Sun 10 Aug 2008, 2:00 pm

Hi Jodie (and Mouse!)

I am glad you are both well even if a bit stressed.
Mouse, if dipping your wee at home is helping you - then who cares?! You need to know in your heart of hearts that you have done all you can given both your histories, to keep your little ones safe.

Its what any Mother would do if her child was actually here, just because your little ones havent arrived yet, that same instinct to protect is still there!

Heres hoping that you both will continue to have long & uneventful pregnancies.
I will be on holiday when you both go for your scans, but I will 'pop in' while Im away so do keep us updated!

Warmest Wishes to you both,
Liz

Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Sun 10 Aug 2008, 9:48 pm

Hi Jodie,

Just wanted to let you know am thinking of you and hope that everything goes alright.

Fingers crossed that BP stays ok and that protein stays away.

Bell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Mon 18 Aug 2008, 8:36 am

Good luck today Jodie - hope scan & appointment go well.
Let us know how you get on.
xxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alka
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Mon 18 Aug 2008, 9:00 am

Good luck Jodie, sending positive thoughts your way!
Let us know how you get on.
Nic x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Thu 21 Aug 2008, 5:54 pm

Positive thoughts are coming from Portugal too.

Hope everyone is okay.

´See´you soon
Liz

Jodie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 26 Aug 2008, 8:38 pm

Hello, should have logged on sooner - apologies!

Scan was fine, and appointment was ok too! Didn't see my consultant as she was on hols which was a shame but am due to see her in mid September so not too long to wait!

Baby is measuring a couple of weeks bigger than her gestation so growing nicely. BP behaving still - can't complain! And also have now had 2 doses of steroids so feel quite reassured by that.

I finish work this week - the consultant recommended that I didn't try and work too long and to be honest, they've been a bit of a pain so I can't wait to finish! So mat leave next week, and 30 weeks this Friday - seems so unreal!

Thank you for your nice messages everyone - much appreciated.

x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Tue 26 Aug 2008, 9:08 pm

Great news Jodie - long may it last.
Hope the next few weeks go quickly for you - am sure it will be a relief when you get to 33 weeks.
Keep us posted.
xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bell
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Wed 27 Aug 2008, 10:20 am

Enjoy your Mat leave Jodie and hope you have a relaxing PE free time.

Bell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jodie
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Sun 14 Sep 2008, 6:04 pm

I am 32+2 today - exactly the same gestation as when I delivered Evelyn. It feels such a milestone and I'm really chuffed! And I feel very different so still hoping to get further - to term even!

x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouse
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Sun 14 Sep 2008, 7:49 pm

Brilliant news Jodie!
So pleased you've got past this milestone & that you're feeling so positive about the last stretch!
Hope everything continues to go well for you!
xx

PS had my 32 week growth scan last week which is when Yasmin's growth went off last time but this time round the baby's 5lb already Shocked
They said they'll let me go to 41+ weeks for a VBAC too which I'm really pleased about.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz Pidgley
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Sun 14 Sep 2008, 9:05 pm

Hi Jodie & Mouse,

Congratulations to both of you for reaching such milestones!
Heres hoping that the trend will continue.

Warm wishes
Liz

ingrid
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   Mon 15 Sep 2008, 5:41 pm

Hi Jodie and Mouse

I am so excited for you both cheers not long now, I am so pleased that both of you have reached your milestones and further hope you both get to term PE free.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panic rising!   

Back to top Go down

Panic rising!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next