Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is This Normal?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

Is This Normal? Empty
PostSubject: Is This Normal?   Is This Normal? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 7:45 pm

Hi Liz,

I suffered severe PE in my first pregnancy grace was born 30+2 weeks, i experinced severe liver pain (then got gall stones as a result). I'm now only 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd but can't shake the feeling that something is wrong every little ache and pain and i've hardly got any symptoms at all.

I was pregnant before grace to only go for a scan at 13 weeks to find i was having twins but they had died at 8 weeks and i had been carrying them round dead for 5 weeks Crying or Very sad .

I do have a very supportive husband but he is optomistic and just says don't worry everything will be fine.

I don't know if you can help any advice is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Is This Normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is This Normal?   Is This Normal? EmptySun 27 Jul 2008, 9:36 am

Hi Mrs Cav,

It is entirely normal for you to be anxious especially after everything you have been through.
Anxiety heightens our responses to fight or flight. We are 'psyching' ourselves to react. Although you say you have hardly any symptoms, you havent described what you are feeling.

Having said all that I am a great believer in instinct.
If you are feeling that something is wrong then you will, I suspect, continue to worry until you have proof either way. Would your consultant agree to an early scan? Or at least your GP / midwife can do a heartbeat scan regularly if need be, until you get to see your baby for yourself.
After your previous experiences, your care must be treated as high risk & as such you should be offered Consultant level care as soon as possible, ideally prior to 12 weeks.

I hope this helps but please let me know if I can support you further.
The 'wobbles' are absolutley normal & we will be here for you when they happen.
Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
MrsCav
Forum Friend
MrsCav

Is This Normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is This Normal?   Is This Normal? EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 1:57 pm

Hi Liz.

Thanks for the reply i have had some more symptoms now feeling sick and tired.
I have seen my doc and i'm now waiting for the midwife to get back to me and she will refer me. How long should i give her to get to me before i phone up again, with grace i had a early scan at 8 weeks can i ask for one this early again because of my past or is it a waste of time?

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Is This Normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is This Normal?   Is This Normal? EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 2:12 pm

Hi Mrs Cav,

I wouldnt wait any longer than Friday this week to be honest. And yes, I would be expecting an early scan, especially because of your history.
If you havent heard back from the M/W by Thursday afternoon you could try giving them a gentle reminder that you will phone again on Friday to collect your appointment details!

Nausea & tiredness are in themselves a normal symptom of early pregnancy. This is due to the high hormone levels and the rapid rate at which your baby is growing. It usually settles around 12 weeks though.

I hope the nausea & tiredness settle for you soon. Dont be afraid to put your foot down a bit if you have to.
Do keep us posted!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

Is This Normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is This Normal?   Is This Normal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is This Normal?
Page 1 of 1