Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New here & my experiences with PE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Donna_1980
New User

New here & my experiences with PE Empty
PostSubject: New here & my experiences with PE   New here & my experiences with PE EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 12:10 am

Hello everyone xx
I'm Donna and I'm new here... thankyou to the Mum from another site who recommended this site to me xx

I seem to be one of the unlucky ones that will get Pre-eclampsia with every pregnancy.
I had 6 very early miscarriages between 2003-2005.
Then I discovered I was expecting again in July 2005. I had a pretty easy pregnancy, but my blood pressure slowly rose throughout it and I started to get quite severe swelling. This was mentioned to my midwife and I was told it was normal.
At 31wks & 1 day, we discovered our son Liam had passed away. I was induced the following day & Liam came silently into the world on January 7th 2006.
I found out I had been suffering with severe pre-eclampsia and almost lost my own life.

I couldn't bear the thought of trying again only to lose another baby.
All that changed when just two months later, I found out I was expecting again on Mother's Day. I started to show signs of pre-ec again around 30 weeks. Luckliy I was being monitored carefully & was admitted into hospital. I was treated and they kept it at bay.
Our daughter Chloe Lia came into the world safe & healthy at 38wks after a planned induction.

Last Monday, July 21st, I gave birth to our second daughter Sophie 9 weeks early. I decided to go to hospital after noticing swelling. They kept me in for monitoring and by the next day my blood pressure had soared & Sophie's heart rate was dropping quite low. I was transferred to another hospital as the SCBU there was closed due to a bug.
I was taken in for an emergency c-section and Sophie was born weighing 2lb 14oz.
She has now been transferred closer to home and is continuing to thrive. Very Happy
She has been feeding well & breathing on her own since birth. She now has only a feeding tube on her for when she doesn't feed enough. The nurses looking after her say she may well be home with us in about 5 weeks time and I am counting!

Sorry this turned out a bit longer than planned!
Donna xxx
Back to top Go down
HelenA
Forum Friend
HelenA

PostSubject: Re: New here & my experiences with PE   New here & my experiences with PE EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 7:49 am

Hi Donna, Congratulations on the birth of Sophie.
I am so sorry that you have had to go through your previous experiences and that you have had pe repeatedly. I am pleased that Sophie sounds to be doing so well and hope that she continues to do so and will be home with you soon.
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: New here & my experiences with PE   New here & my experiences with PE EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 9:02 am

Hi Donna

Welcome to this site.

So sorry to hear of your losses but congratulations on the birth of Chloe queen and Sophia queen I hope coming to this site will help you with any questions you might need answering I dont profess to have any knowledge but there are others that may be able to help, but all of us understand what you have been through and hope we can support you.

Glad to hear that Sophia is doing well and hopefully will be home with you soon and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take care

Ingrid xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: New here & my experiences with PE   New here & my experiences with PE EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 10:49 am

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the site. Many Congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter Sophie.

I am sorry to hear you experienced PE with all 3 of your children and the repeated miscarriages. I wonder if this was ever investigated as repeat miscarriage & PE are often linked?

I do hope Sophie will continue to grow from strength to strength to be home with you soon - exactly where she should be.

I also hope you will find the support you want from us here.
Warmest Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Penny
Forum Friend
Penny

PostSubject: Re: New here & my experiences with PE   New here & my experiences with PE EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 11:57 am

Hi Donna,
Am glad you found us and i really hope you find this site helpful and supportive.
Congratulations on the birth of both your daughters, I am so sorry your little lad couldnt stay with you.
Sophie sounds like she is doing brilliantly and i really hope she is home with you soon. Look forward to hearing updates of how she is doing.
Best wishes,
Penny xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here & my experiences with PE   New here & my experiences with PE Empty

Back to top Go down

New here & my experiences with PE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Story-
Jump to: