Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not Sure What to say to GP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cherrybird1978
Forum Friend

Not Sure What to say to GP Empty
PostSubject: Not Sure What to say to GP   Not Sure What to say to GP EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 8:20 pm

My husband and I have decided to try for another baby after having our first in 2006 at 27+4 due to pe. I wasn't told a lot about it at the time and it wasn't mentioned really until the last minute when I was in hospital and being told I had to have a c-section. I don't know if I have been really dim about the whole situation or whether I just blotted it out at the time but now we want to try again I want to be prepared. Is there anything I should really be asking my gp when we go to discuss trying again? I know everything I need to ask for to do with my other health issues but they can all wait until I become pregnant, should I be asking to see the consultant before getting pregnant with regards to pe and previous miscarriages?
Thanks in advance
Claire
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure What to say to GP   Not Sure What to say to GP EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 8:39 pm

HI Claire
You're being really sensible looking into all this before you start trying. You can definitely ask your GP to refer you to a consultant for pre-conception advice, especially considering how early you developed PE the first time around. Liz can direct you to a list of appropriate consultants or there is a list on the APEC site.
When I had my 6 week check up after Yasmin was born I was told to start taking aspirin 75mg when I found out I was pregnant next time. Later in pregnancy I was advised to take 5mg folic acid & also calcium supplements but looking at the research it looks like it may be beneficial from the beginning so would definitely be worth looking at & asking questions.
Wishing you all the best - let us know how you get on.
xxxx
Back to top Go down
cherrybird1978
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure What to say to GP   Not Sure What to say to GP EmptyThu 04 Sep 2008, 3:29 pm

I have finally had my gp's appointment (she has been on holiday) and she has wished us every success in trying again, and has told us the minute that we know we are pregnant, we are to contact her and she will ensure we get to early scans (due to a previous ectopic pregnancy) and get to see the consultant early. She also told me that she would see me weekly from 24 or 25 weeks. She has advised of the risk factors, but the important this is that she hasn't advised we don't go for it. BP is perfect right now, ok weight, diet and health wise so a good start. I know there are no guarantee's that I'll be PE free this time but feel confidant that we'll be looked after well. I feel almost as excited as being pregnant. Now it's fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure What to say to GP   Not Sure What to say to GP EmptyThu 04 Sep 2008, 8:14 pm

That's great news!
Fingers crossed & look forward to hearing some good news soon.
Lots of love
xxx
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure What to say to GP   Not Sure What to say to GP EmptyThu 04 Sep 2008, 9:09 pm

Good luck Claire and hope all goes well for you.

I have been advised to take aspirin too if I get pregnant again.

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure What to say to GP   Not Sure What to say to GP Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Sure What to say to GP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Welcome to Pre Eclampsia Support Forum. :: Ask Liz. :: Ask Liz...-
Jump to: