Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!

Go down 
+2
Liz Pidgley
alka
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alka
Forum Friend
alka

I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! Empty
PostSubject: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! EmptyTue 16 Sep 2008, 8:30 pm

I don't think a day goes past where I don't think about pre eclampsia, or what happened, or what may happen again in a second pregnancy. Every time I'm on the computer, whether it be at home or work I can't help but type Pre Eclampsia into a search engine and look for everything and anything related to the condition. I don't know if it's because I'm looking for answers, or prevention or what but I do know that it's always at the back of my mind.

Not even sure why I'm typin this really, guess I'm hoping someone is going to say this is perfectly normal, lol.

Even nearly a year on, it all still feels so raw.

Sorry if I'm sounding down, think I'm just having one of those days!

Love Nic x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! EmptyTue 16 Sep 2008, 9:19 pm

Of course you are 'normal'!

Looking for answers - for reassurance - for guidance are all roads that hopefully once day will lead you to acceptance.
What could be abnormal about that? Keep asking the questions if you need to, but I think in your heart of hearts, you know that too!

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! EmptyWed 17 Sep 2008, 8:17 am

Hi Alka

Im only the Grandmother but I too have been "obsessed" reading as much information as I can worrying about other young girls pregnancies around me watching and worrying for them "incase" I hope that Im not abnormal in doing this but when you see the suffering you cant help but worry and looking for answers all the time.

Take care
Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! EmptyWed 17 Sep 2008, 8:53 am

Hi Alka sorry you're having a bad day.
I am EXACTLY the same!!
I check this site about 20 times a day & have entered pre-eclampsia & HELLP on search engines more time than I can remember & still have never found what I'm looking for as I keep going!
I think (hope!) it's completely normal, but unfortunately the thing I think we're looking for is reassurance & no-one can really give that 100%.
Like Liz has said if PET does happen it tends to be milder & happen later on than the 1st time. That combined with the increased monitoring has put my mind at ease a bit & hope it will for you too.
Totally normal to have a wobble. Big hugs to you
xxx
Back to top Go down
Bens_mummy
Forum Friend
Bens_mummy

PostSubject: Re: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! EmptyThu 18 Sep 2008, 11:54 am

Just to add my input, I'm exactly the same, I have these bad days too and start researching it, i guess i'm looking for answers still? This is why i think this site is great, we don't have to feel alone anymore with coming to terms with what has happened to us x
Back to top Go down
alka
Forum Friend
alka

PostSubject: Re: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! EmptyMon 22 Sep 2008, 9:50 am

Thank you everyone, think I hit a bit of a low the other day didn't I. Usually I'm so upbeat and feel that I deal with everything in quite a positive way, but every now and then it does catch me out, usually when I'm least expecting it.

It's comforting to know that I'm not completely bonkers, lol! , it's great that I have you all to talk to, I do talk to friends and family about it sometimes, but I think unless you've been through it, it's so hard to understand isn't it.

Thank you again
Love Nic x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! EmptyMon 22 Sep 2008, 1:33 pm

Hi Nic,

Thats grief for you - it sneaks up & gives you a poke when you are least expecting it.
You are definatley not alone.

Going through your hospital notes might help put things in to a coherent 'time line' and having the notes explained by someone who was actually there to go through them with you. Understanding what happened and why certain decisions were made etc can really help the grieving process. Many of the decisions that were made may not have been with your total understanding (especially if you were really poorly).

Best wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 9:12 am

I did the same, of course - except there were no websites then, only my husband's medical books. I think one of the main reasons we do this is that before it happens to us, we just aren't aware of what PE is - and then that horrible guilt thing comes in, too. I thought, "I'm a person who likes to know. I read everything I could about pregnancy. I did my best - so why didn't I know about this??? My husband's even a doctor. It's all my fault. I didn't know the signs." And of course, I was wrong. The chirpy pregnancy books don't tell you about PE, they tell you about yoga and listeria - you need to go to the reference section in the back to get the lowdown on your blood pressure!

Whoops gotta go
x
Laurie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!   I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

I feel obsessed sometimes....!?!?!
Page 1 of 1