Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicki D
Forum Friend
Nicki D

Jon Empty
PostSubject: Jon   Jon EmptySat 04 Oct 2008, 1:26 pm

My little boy is 3 today! Very Happy

We've just taken him on a boat trip from Gloucester Docks where we all froze and he's now sleeping it off!

I'm having the usual bittersweet feelings - sheer joy and delight in my lovely little boy and dark memories of the things going on this time 3 years ago, but I know that the darkness will fade and the joy and delight will remain. I just feel a little blue right now.

Nicki
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin

Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon   Jon EmptySat 04 Oct 2008, 6:44 pm

Oh, Nicki, sorry you're blue!
It happens - it's always great during the day, but once they've gone to bed you're alone with your memories. But you are right, time does heal. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again Very Happy , every year on Joe's birthday I take that journey on the trolley down the hospital corridor, watching the strip lights on the ceiling zip past, hearing the shouts and the clattering of the wheels and feeling like someone's just put an axe through my skull. But it doesn't hurt anymore, my heart doesn't start racing anymore, and I don't cry anymore - it's like a really well worn video.

Remember that you are turning those dark feelings into something incredibly positive every time you post on here, and help someone else through a desperate time. You are blessed with the knowledge of just how precious your little boy is, and just how lucky we are to have our children with us.

As I said on another thread, Jon's birth is what it is - it may have been scary, unpredictable, agonising, and infuriating - but it was your experience together. I would bet that all mothers replay the births of their babies on their birthdays, and no it's not chuffing fair that some women can lie back and remember something truly beautiful. Most women though, I imagine, will remember retained placentas, or episiotomies, or breach births, or a row with their partner, or the absence of a partner, or whatever - normally nothing so traumatic as HELLP or PE, but something that will take the gloss off.

I can't tell you to love what happened to you - I don't. But I'll tell you what I do love. I strain to remember the first time I saw Joe. I vaguely recall someone wheeling in his "womb with a view" (cheers, Liz!!) and letting me hold him wires and tubes and everything (that's both of us), sometime in the first 48 hours of his life. I remember looking at his tiny, tiny body and his beautiful blond hair and thinking, "Oh, it's you, then!!" And then I turn to look at the handsome and strong young man he has become, and the two pictures snap together. And all the pain and hurt float away and I'm left with the miracle that is my son, then and now.

Bless you, Nicki, you are amazing, and so is Jon.

Happy birthday, little one, and rock on, mum!!

xxL
Back to top Go down
HayleyP80
Forum Friend

Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon   Jon EmptyFri 10 Oct 2008, 2:29 pm

Hi Nicki,

And a belated Happy Birthday to your little fella, scary how quickly they grow huh!

Hope he had a wonderful day and I hope you are feeling a little brighter too (((hugs)))

Love
Hayley xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon   Jon EmptyFri 10 Oct 2008, 2:35 pm

Hi Nicki,

Im so sorry I didnt see your post.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON!

Bitter sweet memories will one day be covered with the flowers of happier memories of excitement and anticipation that is so infectious from a child on his birthday.

Warm wishes
Liz

Sponsored content

Jon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon   Jon Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: Happy Birthday-
Jump to: