Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exersise in Pregnancy. Me again lol

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie24
Forum Friend

Exersise in Pregnancy. Me again lol Empty
PostSubject: Exersise in Pregnancy. Me again lol   Exersise in Pregnancy. Me again lol EmptyWed 03 Dec 2008, 10:45 am

Hi Liz (and ladies),

I havent posted for a while but I am currently 12 weeks pregnant in my 4th pregnancy. I have a four year old boy who I had no problems with, then I had Emily at 24 weeks due to PE, and finally a missed miscarriage in April this year.

Everything is ok so far, getting excellant care from St James' in Leeds. Ive been on aspirin and heparin for the past 2 months and had weekly scans at their EPU.

I heard on the TV today that a study has found that if you exercise in pregnancy your at a increased chance of PE. It was only a quick mention, so I tried to 'google' it as you do lol and I cant find anything about it! My worry really is I didnt really do any particular exercise with Joshua, but when I was pregnant with Emily I was going to the gym a couple of times a week-but only doing light exercise like walking on treadmill etc. In the end I got so ill with what I now realise was the PE that I stopped going. Is there any truth in this do you think? I always thought exercise was a good thing, but now I just feel like I shouldnt do any just in case. Im constantly comparing my pregnancy with Joshua to Emily's trying to see what I did differently and this has just stuck in my head.

Thanks in advance
Charlie
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Exersise in Pregnancy. Me again lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exersise in Pregnancy. Me again lol   Exersise in Pregnancy. Me again lol EmptyWed 03 Dec 2008, 3:09 pm

Hi Charlie,

Congratulations on your 12 week pregnancy.

I think the link below is what you were after. To be honest I havent read the article in the BMJ yet, but will do so & reply with my thoughts.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/healthandscience/health/exercise-during-pregnancy-may-cause-pre-eclampsia--$1252537.htm

Hope this bit helps meantime!
Kind wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com

Exersise in Pregnancy. Me again lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Welcome to Pre Eclampsia Support Forum. :: Ask Liz. :: Ask Liz...-
Jump to: