Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!

Go down 
+14
HelenA
alka
Nicki D
ClaireS
Laurie
mouse
Lesley
Caroline
Donna
ingrid
Carrie06
Woody
Liz Pidgley
emma29
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
emma29
Forum Friend
emma29

I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! Empty
PostSubject: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 4:58 pm

Hello Ladies, just need to let out some worries before i drive myself insane.

I am now 18 weeks pregnant, bp is okay although i am a low dose of labetalol three times a day as a precaution, as well as aspirin, calcium supps and clexane injections. I am being scanned every two weeks, all was well on the last one, the consultant was happy with the size of the baby and the placenta was a good size, I am due to go again on tuesday.

I do feel absolutely fine, really good infact, but over the past day or so i've started with like acid indigestion, and i am obsessed that my face and hands are getting fatter! its really difficult as i dont know if these are normal pregnancy symtoms at this time or a sign of the dreaded PE. Its all so scary xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 10:45 pm

Hi Emma,

Im sorry to hear you are having a bit a bit of a wobble - but it is entirely normal - and understandable.

Have you thought about asking for some dipsticks to monitor your own urine at home? If you are swelling - there is likely to be protien in the urine. You could reassure yourself there isnt. Also Protienuria is often the sign before high blood pressure shows up.

And doing a dipstick 3 times a day if you feel like you need the reassurance is going to do no harm!

Make yourself heard though to your GP / MW if you feel really unsettled.

Warm Wishes
Liz

Woody
Forum Friend
Woody

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptySat 13 Dec 2008, 8:52 pm

Hi Emma

I don't know if it helps but when I was pregnant with Hannah I retained a lot of fluid and I was constantly drinking either gavisgon or milk! But all that was just normal pregnancy stuff. I was one of the unlucky ones who did get PE again and when it got me I felt totally different.

Fortunately I had my own dipsticks which helped and I was seen weekly in daycare which was really reassuring.

hth, take care

Linda xx
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyMon 15 Dec 2008, 11:42 am

Dear Emma, I am 25 weeks and believe me, I'm much the same. When I come home from work and even during the day, I am forever looking at my hands and feet - I even have my husband look at them and make him take his socks off so we can compare my ankles with his! I asked my consultant how do I distinguish between normal swelling of pregnancy and PE swelling and he just said that if I feel unwell to go to the delivery suite if out of hours or the day assessment unit. I've also started to get occasional right sided pain high up and of course I have diagnosed myself with HELLP until it decides to go so think it's a combination of indigestion and rib flare. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well. Cx
Back to top Go down
emma29
Forum Friend
emma29

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyTue 16 Dec 2008, 3:27 pm

Thank you for the replies, its really good to hear I am not the only one, i think i have been driving my husband mad getting him to check my face, fingers and legs all the time!!

I have been to hospital today, the scan was fine, the baby is the right size for this time and very active it was difficult for the consultant to get the leg messurements today as the baby was moving so much. My Bp was okay and no protein, we go back next week for the 20 anatomy scan really praying this one is going to be okay.

carrie hope everything goes okay with you and your pregnancy xxxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyWed 17 Dec 2008, 1:41 pm

Hi Emma,

Im really pleased to hear everything is fine & as it should be. (Of course that wont stop you worrying until your baby is safely in your arms where s/he should be - and at the right time!)

Looking forward to your update after the anomoly scan.

Carrie - I hope that your pregnancy is progressing well too, and Im really glad you have the offer of 'open access' to your midwifery team if you need to.

heres hoping that it continues till 40 weeks for you both!

Warm wishes
Liz

emma29
Forum Friend
emma29

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyFri 30 Jan 2009, 6:47 pm

Just thought i'd post an update i am 25 weeks today, bp seems to be under control and i have no protein yet.

Had a scan two weeks ago and was told blood flow looked excellent, went back today and when i have read the notes when i got home it says liquid volume normal and reasonable doppler. When i asked at the time of scan if everything was okay i was told yes. I am so worried i am thinking is the placenta detorioating and is this what happens before PE kicks in and if so how long can the baby realiscally survive inside. I dont know i am so scared it all feels so real again.xxxx
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyFri 30 Jan 2009, 9:01 pm

Hi Emma

Firstly congrats to getting to 25 weeks it seems as though everything is OK but then I am no medic but trying to remember Samanthas notes and vaguely remember saying the same.
I can understand your concerns as you are at the same gestation as your two angels were and its normal for you to feel anxious and worried but if they are keeping an eye on you ( which Im sure they are) they would have had you back for more frequent checks sorry Im not much help could you not ask the midwife or Doctor as to what it means?

I hope everything goes well for you and stays totally PE free will be thinking of you
take care

Ingrid xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptySat 31 Jan 2009, 10:53 am

Hi Emma,

Congratulations on reaching 25 weeks.
I know it must be a real worry for you now as Ingrid says, you are at the gestation when your 2 little boys came & left your world. And the power of that cant be under-estimated.

If your placenta was really breaking down there would be other clues - changes in your blood chemistry for a start. Could you talk to your doctor & explain your fear and ask for some baseline bloods to be done? This should help confirm or (hopefully) refute your fear. At least then too, you will have an idea of exactly what is going on in your body and be able to clinically define any changes. You could discuss the boundary where steroids could be given, so if the worst does happen, baby is better protected.

It is worth remembering this though - scans are a very subjective tool and very much open to the operators skill in interpreting. Someone saying 'excellent' could mean exactly the same as some one elses 'reasonable'. However when you are so frightened - and waiting for disaster to strike again, it makes everything seem so important. Could you ask to be scanned by the same person to help overcome this? Either way, talk it through with one of your care givers who you trust.

You wont feel totally calm until your baby is safely in your arms bawling, exactly where s/he should be - and that is absolutley normal. Especially after everything you have already been through.

Hang in there - you are still 'cooking' nicely by the sounds of things.

Keep in touch and wishing you a peaceful rest of your pregnancy.
Liz

Donna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptySun 01 Feb 2009, 7:01 pm

Hi Emma,

I absolutely remember the feelings that you describe. I was constatly reading and re-reading my notes and looking for clues as to what was going to happen. Eventually for the sake of my own sanity I decided that if I was worried about anything to contact my midwife, doctor or hospital, depending on who was available at the time. Everyone was incredibly understanding and I reasoned that it was better to make a nuisance of myself but feel reassured than to sit at home worrying myself silly. As Liz says, I never fully relaxed until my baby was safely in my arms but I guess you just have to find some way of getting yourself through it.

One of the difficult things about PE is that some of the early symptoms can be vague and do mirror some of the normal aches and pains of pregnancy but given your history no-one will blame you for being anxious or cautious. I wish you well and congratulations on getting this far.

Best wishes

Donna
Back to top Go down
emma29
Forum Friend
emma29

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyFri 06 Feb 2009, 3:22 pm

Thank you so much for the replies.

I have been back to hospital today, I am 26 weeks today, still no protein, bp seems to be pretty much controlled although it is generally higher when i go to hospital which i think is due to all the anxiety i feel when i go there.

I spoke to the consultant earlier this week as i was concerned about the doppler so they did blood tests to check, and they all came back perfectly normal today which is good. They did another doppler today which they said was perfectly good for this stage in pregnancy. So really hoping we can get another couple of weeks. In my previous two pregnancies protein appeared around 24 weeks so just hoping and praying.

We go back again next tuesday for another growth scan, will let you know how it goes.

lots of love emmaxxxx
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyFri 06 Feb 2009, 8:51 pm

Emma,

Really pleased to hear all is well. I know I felt like I'd passed a huge milestone when I passed the stage where PE reared it's head before.

Hope the rest of your pregnancy continues smoothly.

Lots of love
Caroline xxx
Back to top Go down
emma29
Forum Friend
emma29

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 9:00 pm

Hi everyone just thought i'd update as i think i may be in hospital tommorrow very scared.

Went back on tuesday, my bp is being managed by medication and readings were ok, i have no protein and blood tests are normal.

However the doppler showed there was no edf output, and out little boy isnt growing too well, the head and tummy are okay, but the femur has hardly grown in two weeks. i have been given steriods, went back today for second shots. we are having another scan to see if the flow has changed with bedrest, so very confused and worried at the moment. I am really beginning to think there is something wrong with me thats not been picked up by now, just praying this little one will come through okay. love emmaxxx
Back to top Go down
Carrie06
Forum Friend
Carrie06

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 10:41 pm

Emma, wishing you all the best - I am sure you are very worried. Keeping everything crossed for you. Cx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyThu 12 Feb 2009, 11:31 am

Hi Emma,

I hope that the next scan goes well & that your baby is just having a little rest before a growth spurt.
Im glad you have been given the steroids. Should baby arrive early he is at 27 weeks and seems quite well prepared to do very well. I hope you are able to carry on 'cooking' him for a few more weeks yet though.

Hang in there & thank you for keeping us posted.

Warm Wishes
Liz

ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyThu 12 Feb 2009, 11:56 am

Hi Emma

I hope everything goes well for you I will be thinking of you and your partner. It is good that they are keeping an eye on you and I hope you feel secure in that knowledge.

Take lots of care
Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyThu 12 Feb 2009, 10:14 pm

Got everything crossed for you Emma. xxx
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyFri 13 Feb 2009, 9:37 pm

Everything crossed for you Emma, so hope you hear some good news.
Big hugs
xxx
Back to top Go down
emma29
Forum Friend
emma29

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 9:52 pm

hi just quickly messaging here on a flying visit home, on friday the 13th yet again (same day we lost our baby joel) !! our scan showed reverse flow, still no protein and bp only raised slightly. The consultant advised it was best to deliver to give our little one a fighting chance. Unfortunately there were no staff in SCBU in halifax so we were transaferred to sheffield.

Our baby evan was born on saturday at 27 weeks weighing 1ib 4oz, hes currently in special care and is stable at the moment, we are just praying he gets though this. Its all a blur i dont know whats happened no one seems to know, thanks for all the previous messages love emma xxx
Back to top Go down
Laurie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 10:39 pm

Bless you, Emma - and welcome, Evan. Many fervent prayers and good wishes winging your way!!
xxx Laurie
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Forum Friend
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyWed 18 Feb 2009, 12:19 pm

Welcome to the world Evan! I really hope your journey will be a happy and smooth one this time Emma. I don't live very far away from Sheffield so if you need company at any point during your stay just shout.

Lesley xxx
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyWed 18 Feb 2009, 12:22 pm

(((Emma)))

I am hoping and praying that Evan goes from strength to strength.

Lots of love to you all.
Caroline xxxx
Back to top Go down
ClaireS
Forum Friend
ClaireS

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyWed 18 Feb 2009, 1:48 pm

Hi Emma, and welcome to the world Evan!
I hope that your journey is a smooth one.
Thinking of you all.

Love Claire xxx
Back to top Go down
Nicki D
Forum Friend
Nicki D

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyWed 18 Feb 2009, 7:16 pm

Much love to you Emma.

All my prayers and thoughts are with you for a swift homecoming for baby Evan.

Nicki xxxx
Back to top Go down
mouse
Forum Friend
mouse

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! EmptyWed 18 Feb 2009, 8:43 pm

Oh Emma. Many congratulations on the birth of Evan but hope you're doing OK yourself, not surprised you feel like you're in a bit of a blur.
Really hope he goes from strength to strength.
Will be thinking of you all
Cyber hugs coming your way
xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!   I am Freaking out!! arrhh!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I am Freaking out!! arrhh!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: