Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

trying again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

trying again Empty
PostSubject: Re: trying again   trying again EmptyTue 01 Dec 2009, 10:53 pm

Hi

I'm not too far from you. I am in Hornchurch. Where did you give birth? I know there is the maternity hospital out near you. I will forward you a message I got from Liz which suggests some consultants that deal in this area. Although I am sure she will advise you further.

I went to my GP and although I was going to be referred to one of these the consultant I will hopefully be under next time is very good and has expertise in this as well as other areas (this is at Queen's Hospital)
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

trying again Empty
PostSubject: Re: trying again   trying again EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 11:29 am

Hi Alison,

I just wanted to share my experience with you as I also had severe PE and HELLP at 28 weeks. In my second pregnancy I developed very mild PE at 36-37 weeks but no sign of HELLP whatsoever. I know there are some ladies on here who have had PE and HELLP as early and not developed anything in their next pregnancy. Unfortunately, as there is no way of predicting who will be affected in what way in a subsequent pregnancy I think our instinct will always be to imagine the worst case scenario until we are proved otherwise.

Good luck with trying again and you are certainly doing the right thing in asking lots of questions!

Caroline xxx
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

trying again Empty
PostSubject: Re: trying again   trying again EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 11:56 am

Sorry - I also just wanted to add that having had this once you should be treated as though you ARE going to get it again and monitored accordingly. You will also be more aware of the signs to watch out for yourself. Even though this didn't stop me worrying like mad, I did feel a little bit more hopeful that if things did start up again it would be picked up at the earliest stage possible (which it was).

xx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

trying again Empty
PostSubject: Re: trying again   trying again EmptyWed 30 Dec 2009, 10:30 pm

Hi Lucky girl,

I am sorry, I did miss your post. I am online now so if you would like to 'live chat' like MSN then Im on the home page!

If not, now I know your post is here I will reply in more detail tomorrow if thats okay?

Welcome to the site though, the community here is really supportive so Im confident we will be able to support you.

Warm Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Nicki D
Forum Friend
Nicki D

trying again Empty
PostSubject: Re: trying again   trying again EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 10:48 pm

Hi Alison,

My GP was originally reluctant to make a referral, so I went through the process of seeing my original consultant for a chat, which was what my GP wanted. After that, I didn't feel particularly reassured, so I went back to the GP (saw a different one in the practice) and he was more than happy to refer me to my nearest expert.

So, it may be worth either seeing a different GP in the practice if you come up against reluctance, or perhaps contacting PALS, who can help you with understanding what your rights are so that you can counter any objections from your GP.

You may be surprised, the GP may well be sympathetic to your need to see an expert, given your history.

It is your right to see who you want to see.

Best of luck,

Nicki
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

trying again Empty
PostSubject: Re: trying again   trying again EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 2:15 pm

Hi Alison,

Sorry for the delay - there just havent been enough hours in the day lately!

I have PMd you a list.

One of our befrienders Donna is not too far from you I think & she may be able to offer you some specific guidance in your area.

You are right though about a potential battle with your GP. There are generally 2 reasons why they wont refer out of area - 1, they feel there is the expertise locally, & 2, the cost. The argument I suggest is that if your local consultants can match the credibility of an expert who was fundemantal in wring the PRECOG guidelines, fine if not then a 1 off referral isnt so unreasonable is it?

Hope this helps.
Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Sponsored content

trying again Empty
PostSubject: Re: trying again   trying again Empty

Back to top Go down

trying again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Welcome to Pre Eclampsia Support Forum. :: Ask Liz. :: Ask Liz...-
Jump to: