Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

18 months on and still have high blood pressure?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nat-82
New User

18 months on and still have high blood pressure? Empty
PostSubject: 18 months on and still have high blood pressure?   18 months on and still have high blood pressure? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 9:45 pm

Hi Guys,

It was 18 months ago that i had my son at 28 weeks (1lb 11oz) by C-Sect due to PE, and still now am on the pills, nifedipine & ramipril. My baby done well and even tho we have been in and out of intensive care with him the last 18 months every time he gets a cold, and he is a bit behind developmentally, he is doing well (well i think so... sorry, proud mummy moment)

recently my urge to have another baby has exploded, but am gutted.... going through all the same emotions as other people on here... Guilt to first born, fear of going through it again, etc etc.

Also am really stressed because only recently has my BP settled down, they have checked my kidneys and apprenly all ok, so no idea why it has stayed so high for so long (is there any one else out there that has this???). also admittedly i am a little over weight (lost 3 stone so far).

basically wanted to ask if anyone has the same problem as me but went on to have fairly complication free pregnancies.

In my emotional state, i have resided myself to the fact that ive had my baby... and thats is no more for me... so am starting to grieve the future i thought we were going to have.

Hubby is lovely he just wants the best for me, got docs in a couple of weeks, hopefully going to ask to see a consultant but am scared he is going to say... best not to get preg this year blah blah blah... think i am driving hubby round the bend lol

anyways have gone on long enough..... any support greatly appreciated!

thanks

Nat
xx
Back to top Go down
amanda9
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 18 months on and still have high blood pressure?   18 months on and still have high blood pressure? EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 11:38 pm

HI Nat - sorry just noticed nobody has replied to you. maybe this will bump it up a bit.

I too had PE and a baby delivered by emergency C-section at 29 weeks (now a happy healthy 17 year old). My blood pressure never really settled down (I was 39). Both my parents have raised blood pressure. I have been on medication of various sorts ever since.

Nevertheless I did try to have another one, with careful medical supervision. It didn't happen, unfortunately, but then Amy is an IVF conception and so the odds were against us. But be brave, and talk to a consultant and see what they say. There are a few anti-hypertensives you can take whilst pregnant, and better to get things sorted well in advance. And well done you for losing weight. There may be other things you can do to help keep the BP down.

I hope you get some helpful and positive answers.
Back to top Go down
amanda9
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 18 months on and still have high blood pressure?   18 months on and still have high blood pressure? EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 11:38 pm

HI Nat - sorry just noticed nobody has replied to you. maybe this will bump it up a bit.

I too had PE and a baby delivered by emergency C-section at 29 weeks (now a happy healthy 17 year old). My blood pressure never really settled down (I was 39). Both my parents have raised blood pressure. I have been on medication of various sorts ever since.

Nevertheless I did try to have another one, with careful medical supervision. It didn't happen, unfortunately, but then Amy is an IVF conception and so the odds were against us. But be brave, and talk to a consultant and see what they say. There are a few anti-hypertensives you can take whilst pregnant, and better to get things sorted well in advance. And well done you for losing weight. There may be other things you can do to help keep the BP down.

I hope you get some helpful and positive answers.
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

PostSubject: Re: 18 months on and still have high blood pressure?   18 months on and still have high blood pressure? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 9:39 am

Hi Nat,

I had my baby in August 2006 and i have been on betablockers for my blood pressure ever since. I had a meeting with a consultant and she wasn't overly concerned about me still being on anti hypertensives and said if and when i did get pregnant they would change the type of medicaton to another that is suitable of being pregnant.

I didn't have blood pressure problems before PE and always had a normal reading when ever i had it checked.

Best Wishes

Bell.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 18 months on and still have high blood pressure?   18 months on and still have high blood pressure? Empty

Back to top Go down

18 months on and still have high blood pressure?
Page 1 of 1