Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here I go again..

Go down 
+8
jules
amanda9
Bell
emmie
sparkling
Nicki D
Liz Pidgley
Mossy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 9:01 pm

...so I am pregnant again! Still very early days not sure about my dates as I tested on CD 28 and got a BFN and then a positive on CD31, but I am something around 4 weeks. I have already started taking aspirin- 2 days now!

I don't have anything to report except I am not worrying about the PE bit until I get to at least 12 weeks. I need to make it that far first. This will be my 5th pregnancy and I only have my DD. So if you have any spare vibes going I would appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 9:18 pm

Hi Mossy,

Huge congratulations on the news of your new pregnancy.
Glad to hear the aspirin is underway...have you talked to your GP about starting heparin & getting your care package underway?

Warm wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Nicki D
Forum Friend
Nicki D

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 9:20 pm

Congratulations Very Happy

Keeping everything crossed for you and sending as many positive vibes as I can.

Nicki x
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 11:40 am

mossy huge congratulations.
I really hope this is a sticky one and that the asprin helps you out.
thinking of you. big hugs.
Back to top Go down
emmie
Forum Friend
emmie

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 12:22 pm

Congratulations Mossy.

Sending positive vibes!!

Take care
Emma
xxx
Back to top Go down
Bell
Forum Friend
Bell

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 9:22 pm

Congratulations Mossy.xx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 9:39 pm

Thanks everyone. I am just waiting to feel pregnant now! I am booked in for a scan at the EPAU on Monday week so we will see how things will go from there. Although in my last pregnancy I saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks and still miscarried the baby.
Back to top Go down
amanda9
Forum Friend

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 11:40 pm

congratulations
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 6:56 pm

So I am still pregnant. Measuring at 8+2 today. So hopefully this one will continue. I have nausea but no real sickness (I threw up everyday with A until I delivered at 31 weeks) but the tiredness is a killer! As well as the aspirin which I mainly taking at the moment for recurrent MC (I'll continue it after to deal with PE!) I have been put on cyclogest until I reach 12 weeks.

So next scan is 4 weeks away (I have been discharged from EPAU) feels like a lifetime away. I have also managed to get the consultant I wanted at my local hospital so hopefully things will progress nicely.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyMon 08 Feb 2010, 6:59 pm

Hi Mossy,

Im happy to hear things are progressing nicely for you....long may it continue!

Warm wishes

Liz
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 10:23 am

Hi Mossy,

I am glad it is going well this time xx
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 8:57 pm

So I am now 13 weeks! Had my scan yesterday and all seems to be well. They have moved me on a few days- hence now being 13 weeks.

No longer taking cyclogest but I am still on aspirin. I have my consultants appointment in 4 weeks.

At my booking in appointment last week my BP was a little high but had it rechecked yesterday and it seemd to be fine. In saying that it was high with the automatic reader and fine with the manual one!
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 10:50 am

Great News Mossy!

I wonder if the 'automatic' reader used to take your BP was one that had been clinically validated for pregnancy???

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 1:34 pm

glad it's going well.

stay down BP vibes!
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 6:56 pm

So pleased all is going well with you Very Happy fingers crossed it carries on to full term with no problems

take care
Ingrid x
Back to top Go down
Bea's Mummy
Forum Friend

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 7:44 pm

Glad to hear all is well with you, good luck for the rest of your pregnancy.
Lizzie xx
Back to top Go down
thaiba2000
Forum Friend
thaiba2000

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 11:28 pm

Congratulations honey. I hope it continues to go well for you, fingers-crossed and my prayers are with you! Mwah XxXxX
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 9:43 am

Thank You! I'm now 17+6 and feelingling a lot happier now in terms of not miscarrying. This weekend woutld have been my EDD with my last MC.

Had my consultants appointment last Thursday which was good. Although I didn't see the consultant- I saw one of her registrars who was very good. Plan of action is to have my next scan (which is at 22 weeks) and they are going to do an extra check- i'm sure it says uterine artery doppler (you can never tell with Drs handwriting!) I will then be seen by the Drs later that week to discuss the outcome of the scan. I am then going to be scanned at 28/32 and 36 weeks. She also wants me to see the MW weekly from 30 weeks and wants to repeat some bloods on me after my next scan. So at the moment I am happy with this action plan. Also I am to continue aspirin until 36 weeks.

The only thing that didn't go well is she is already trying to convince me of having a VBAC- not an option I really want to go for. She was trying to tell me how unready my 31 week uterus was last time and cutting into it again wouldn't be the best...anyone have any experience of this?
Back to top Go down
sparkling
Forum Friend

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 10:15 am

Mossy

I've been having doppler scans frequently they are useful in the checking of growth etc.

Also been seeing someone weekly from 30 weeks so this is good as well as it's showing there's some consistency in approach aruond here.

As for the VBAC thing. My consultant made me go away and read about it and go back to him with questions if i had any. As you know i've opted for another section but no one ever mentioned to me about my uterus not being ready as i'd had my previous section at 28 weeks.

congrats as well for reaching 17+6 I hope things continue to go well.
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 7:19 am

Pleased its going well too.

Can I ask why you were taking cyclogest? I'm just wondering if it has any role in preventing miscarriage?

Thanks

Jules
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Forum Friend
Caroline

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 12:45 pm

Hi Mossy,

So pleased all is going well.

Regarding your consultant pushing for VBAC - I had my first section at 28 weeks. When I fell pregnant again my consultant recommended another section as he didn't want me to go past 38-39 weeks but wouldn't induce me (another section was my preferred option anyway). There was just over a year between the two sections and all was well.

Caroline xxx
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 9:21 pm

Hi Jules,

Cyclogest is a brand name for a progesterone only 'mini pill'.

I dont know why Mossy was prescibed it, but I do know progesterone is often prescribed for women with suspected 'incompetent' cervix which can lead to miscarriage.

Progesterone works by forcing the cervix to stay closed and produces an increase of normal mucosa. This is also how it works as a contraceptive pill.

Hope this helps.
Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 9:16 am

Hi Jules

I was put on cyclogest after my early scan at 6 weeks. The nurse said that some women just don't produce enough proestrogone in the first tri. Although I wasn't tested for that I was put on it as a precaution (I have had 3 MC -all before 12 weeks) Whether it made a difference or not I don't know- but it gave me an added bit of reassurance! I took it up until my 12 week scan- when I was told the placentta would be taking over!

Mossy
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 1:36 pm

Thanks. I've read something about progesterone and m/c, though it suprises me that you were treated without even having progesterone levels measured - but maybe that's just standard practice after 3 m/cs. I've now had 2 miscarriages since my stillbirth due to PE, so am wondering more about the links between miscarriage and PE [and can't help but feel really sad and disheartened too, of course].

Thanks for letting me highjack your thread, and good luck with the rest of you pregnancy too.
Back to top Go down
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 8:31 pm

I am sure they told me that it wouldn't make a difference having the 'extra' proestrogone. Don't worry about asking things on this thread....this place is all about helping each other!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here I go again.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here I go again..   Here I go again.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Here I go again..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pre Eclampsia support :: Support :: My Worries-
Jump to: