Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sticks to check for protein

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

Sticks to check for protein Empty
PostSubject: Sticks to check for protein   Sticks to check for protein EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 12:44 pm

i was told a my booking in mw appt an when i told my gp about being pgi would be prescribed sticks for me to test for protein at home, i asked for them yesterday and was told they cant prescribe them to me. And as i have a BP monitor a home if i notice BP going up then i have to take a sample to the GPs fr them to check straight away, which is good and everything but getting past he receptionists is another matter!

I have my cons appt 2wks friday so im wondering if she will prescribe me some?

Did anyone get gven these?
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: Sticks to check for protein   Sticks to check for protein EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 2:03 pm

Becky, I just wouldn't accept no for an answer here. Did you ask why they will not prescribe them to you?

You had early onset PE so are in a very high risk group (don't mean to alarm you, i'm sure you realise this anyway). For some women proteinuria starts before BP rises; it did for me. Its safer for you to have both than to rely on BP measurement only. Is your health / life & babies health / life not worth a few dipsticks? Do they really want to give you another "barrier" to overcome in order to get the routine monitoring you need and deserve? Maybe I'm being a bit emotive but really these are quite cheap and I don't see a good reason to withhold them from you.

I am only 6+5 so no got that far yet but have been promised urine sticks, and I fully intend to hold them to that. In your position, I would be very politely insistent too.
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: Sticks to check for protein   Sticks to check for protein EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 3:37 pm

Hi Becky,

I agree with Jules, there is no reason why, that I can see anyway, why they couldnt be prescribed.
You can buy them if you have to, they cost about £8 a pot, sometimes they have to be ordered in for you though.

Hope all goes well with the Cons. appointment....think ahead & dont be fobbed off by seeing the registrar!

Start as you mean to go on! (You too on that one Jules!)

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
sparkling
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: Sticks to check for protein   Sticks to check for protein EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 4:31 pm

I Got mine from the consultant at the hospital. No prescription just given them. So don't be afraid to ask!
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: Sticks to check for protein   Sticks to check for protein EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 5:58 pm

thanks ladies, i will be putting mi dont want toy foot down with i see the cons, i really hope i dont see a reg Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sticks to check for protein   Sticks to check for protein Empty

Back to top Go down

Sticks to check for protein
Page 1 of 1