Pre Eclampsia support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pre Eclampsia support

For Women & their families who have suffered with Pre Eclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, Pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and related conditions.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

having a wobble as scan gets closer

Go down 
+2
jules
becky83
6 posters
AuthorMessage
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

having a wobble as scan gets closer Empty
PostSubject: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 5:18 pm

as time is getting on im starting to loose my confidence for a long and healthy pregnancy Sad

i worry at the the sightest niggle.

i suffer from lower back probs which this pregnancy is making worse but the past few days ive been getting that 'twisted' feeling in my left side around my ribs/back........ you know when you sit funny and get that horrible feeling?

i remember reading something a few yrs back about rib pain being associated with PE but i never had it with Alex and no wondering if its that or becos i may have over done it on the particular day i get it?

i had a chat with my mum about some things playing on my mind and she thinks im going to drive myself loopy with all thats whirling round my head, she says ive got to get 24 and 28weeks out of my head and concentrate on getting to October which is right but its just hard Sad

i lay awake wondering how jme and alex will cope if i had to spend alot of time i hospital, stupid thigs like what will they eat etc
now reading it back o myself i soundreally silly but cant help it all whirling round on my head!!

i thinksits becos we have the 20wk scan next week as well as the 1st cons appt and im starting to worry about it all......... but i think all what ive been hru its only understandable but logic is telling me im gonna get to 36-37wks

arrgggghhhhh i am going to drive mysef round the bend!!!

and breathe.............. Smile
Back to top Go down
jules
Forum Friend
jules

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyMon 17 May 2010, 5:43 pm

Hi Becky,

I can understand that, I feel terribly anxious all the time, and its incredibly hard to cope with my fears. My case was really severe; my baby died and I was in danger for a while, so its not really surprising that I am extremely anxious & fear the worst again. But I might do even if it had turned out better.

I had HELLP and had quite severe back and neck pain (but not the rib pain), so whilst its probably just your bigger size (!) making you feel uncomfortable, you are right to be aware of those symptoms also (although I don't think it will be HELLP before 20 weeks). I also suffered with back pain from about 18 weeks which I am sure was nothing to do with HELLP - just the extra weight I was carrying. I went to see a chiropracter and they did help a bit.

I don't fully agree with your Mum. I really hope you will get to term this time, and probably you will but its right to be aware of the possibility of PE again because you and the baby will most likely do so much better if you get early treatment. I don't think its possible to over-react with this disease.

But instead of worrying yourself I suggest you share the worry by phoning your midwife or DAU any time you have any concerns and let them decide what you should do.
Back to top Go down
ingrid
Forum Friend
ingrid

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 1:09 pm

Hi Becky

When Samantha was carrying Dylan she just wanted to get past 26 weeks thats how many weeks she was when she lost Briannah that was her main goal after that each week was a bonus, even with this pregnancy again she wants to get to 26 weeks then again a bonus for every week after that,
Samantha has said she felt so ill from when she found out she was pregnant with Briannah and suffered with tremendous headaches but she never went the doctors or midwife with them. With Dylan she felt so much better in herself but as she said you can never tell when this will hit you, with this pregnancy she is now 21 weeks and so far it is a text book pregnancy with no problems no high blood pressure no medication for it but she still cannot relax until its past 26 weeks and we have orders not buy anything until after this
Good luck with your pregnancy and hopefully it will be PE free and you get to term

Take care
Ingrid
Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 7:27 pm

Hi Becky,
I'm about the same number of weeks as you and I have my 20 week scan on Fri. So I'm feeling the same way as you. I wqs so nervous about my midwife app. I'm sure I took my BP up, but it was still normal. I have tried very hard to relax into this pregnancy (although I know that I will be different when I actually get to hospital for the app.!) I've tried to just think that what will be will be so it's not worth worrying about now. Easy to do when nice and relaxed at home. I've also taken up pregnancy yoga which has helped me focus on the baby rather than the medical side of things. Yes I am very nervous but go up and down. I think the best way to deal with it is to keep talking and take advice from people, filter it and take on what helps you.
I hope it helps you knowing that you are not the only one feeling like this. Try to think positive.
take care Nicki
Laughing
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 3:27 pm

oh nicki it does, thanks for replying!

good luck with your scan tomorrow, let us all know how it goes!

might have to have a bash at pg yoga!
Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 6:47 pm

Do try pg yoga. I really enjoy it and judging by the kicks so does the baby. I'll let you know how the scan goes- at least my bp won't be checked so that takes off one pressure. I'm looking forward to it I think!!
Nicki
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 6:25 pm

how did the scan go today nicki??
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 6:36 pm

still got this twisted feeling Mad

found this on a diff site which has made me feel better Smile

If the pre eclampsia becomes more severe, swelling can occur in the liver, leading to severe pain under the right rib cage, and, in rare cases, rupture of the liver with hemorrhage. Sometimes swelling can occur in the brain, leading to seizures, which we call “eclampsia.”

mines at the back on my left ...... i go on a diff baby site and this is what i wrote there

Since i done some ironing last week i keep getting a twisted feeling only on my left side round my back (rib area) and round the side but doesnt come round the front. the only way i can describe it is like when you're sat there and reach for something and you get a sudden pain/burn as if you've twisted funny and you have to stand up straight to sort it out.

Someone said i may have pulled something, others have said baby might be sat on a nerve but i only ever feel bubs move on my right side and just under my belly button.......... and its worse when i sit down/ben say for more than 15-20mins.

and someone replied about it being 'rib spreading' Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nicki
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyTue 25 May 2010, 2:59 pm

Scan went well thenks, although baby so wriggly that it took ages. My husband was waiting outside with my little girl- he was starting to worry. Anyway everything was fine. I then had another midwife appointment today which got me agitated. My BP was normal 124/78 but this was my chekcing in BP and it is higher than I would like at this time! I was hot and of course anxious. I know it doesn't mean I will get PE but just another anxiety. Everything else was fine!
Becky when is your scan etc- must be coming up soon. How are you feeling?
NIcki Smile
Back to top Go down
becky83
Forum Friend
becky83

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyTue 25 May 2010, 3:13 pm

its tomorrow! so excited as we hope to find out the sex Smile

first consultant appt is friday x x

glad yours went well hun x x
Back to top Go down
Liz Pidgley
Admin
Liz Pidgley

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyTue 25 May 2010, 4:31 pm

Ooh Good luck for your scan tomorrow Becky!

Best Wishes
Liz
Back to top Go down
http://www.preeclampsiasupport.com
Mossy
Forum Friend
Mossy

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 12:42 pm

Hope everything went well today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: having a wobble as scan gets closer   having a wobble as scan gets closer Empty

Back to top Go down

having a wobble as scan gets closer
Page 1 of 1